• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RToEE good, but THIS good?

francisca

I got dice older than you.
Ghostwind said:
We all know that Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is good, but is it really this good? Clearly someone thinks so...
Well, (ALL - 1), maybe. I didn't find it to be particularly good. Certainly not $77 good.

Crothian

First Post
If I could sale mine for that much, I would. THen pocket most of it and pick it up used at my local store for around a third or fouth the cost.....

and make that all -2

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
That is just insane! I see the guy says "Personal copy of Monte Cook's d20 Adventure Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil for Dungeons and Dragons 3.x.". Do you think people are reading that and think it is Monte Cook's personal copy? Sounds to me its the *sellers* personal copy, not much more than that.

Looking at completed auctions it appears that it goes from anywhere between $10 and $40 usually. Heck, even the seller in the auction you posted posted a link to Amazon where you can get if for $49!

Most of the other copies that sold recently on Ebay went for between $30 and $40. Also, it was (until about an hour ago) the ONLY one up for sale on Ebay.

So, what we have here is a case of bidding frenzy. I see it quite often. Of course, as an Ebay seller myself, I don't mind it so much... :D

P.S. The other copy currently on Ebay has a starting price of 99 cents. :lol:

Last edited:

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Note that there is also only 1 copy on Amazon. I went through this when I was trying to purchase this adventure. It took me months to win a copy and my bidding tactics earned me some unkind messages from other bidders (saying I was driving prices up too quickly), but I never wanted to go above $45 for it. I eventually got mine for $42, but there were some "dry spells" during that chase when it was going for oscene amounts of money, since there was only a single copy for sale and some time before and after when there were none available.

As has been said, this is great for sellers, as I am occasionally. Sometimes I list similar items and sell them for wildly different amounts of money. Sometimes something doesn't sell, then goes for a good bit. Such is Ebay.

DM

Christian

Explorer
Criminy! I'm suddenly pondering putting my copy up for sale ... Cash in my Paypal account instead of gathering dust on a shelf. Definite thumbs up. (Of course, I'll just blow it instantly on miniatures, but hey!)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads