Ruik's Carrion Crown Pt1

kinem

Adventurer
"Indeed, and the sooner the better" Rigel says.

ooc: Leaving Kendra at her house for a while should be OK. If no one objects, let's head to Harrowstone.

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
With this information shared, the group heads off to the Harrowstone. On the way through town, Kendra is dropped off at her house. Despite her protesting, she agrees to stay home, and then the group is off. The entire trip takes about and hour in total to make it to the outer gates of Harrowstone. A 20 ft wall surrounds the Harrowstone, a large portion of which has collapsed into a sink hole at its eastern point, which took with it the prison cemetery. This sink hole has since filled with murky water. The gate stands locked as it has been for years.

jkason

First Post
Malounen Tiliney, human druid

Mal shivers a bit at the sight of Harrowstone. As he readies his shield, folks watching may notice his gaze seems to shift, as if he's looking off at something in the distance no one else can see.

"Okay, let's see if the ley lines have been disrupted by anything ... well, anything not-good."

[sblock=ooc]Going to use Mal's various detects. checking for Undead first, though he'll cycle through fey, outsiders, astral, ethereal, & incorporeal just to be safe.[/sblock]

saphyre_wolf

First Post
Seeing mal reading his shield Zatira readys her spiked chain because she doesn't want to get caught off hairs like she was last time. "I really don't like the looks of this place."

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
From outside the gate, Mal cannot detect any threats from within the Harrowstone itself, however upon looking at the murky pond, hundreds of human like aura's can be seen within. These images do not move however, remaining still, whatever being down there having no interest in the surface world.

jkason

First Post
Malounen Tiliney, human druid

"Oh, my," Mal says as he turns his senses to the lake.

"We do not want to try taking a water entrance," he offers up. "Looks like no one in there cares much about the ground, but there's a whole lot of them there, and I don't think we want to tempt fate."

The Joker

First Post
Kyrus listened to his words, but they rang hollow. As he left, Kyrus scoffed under his breath. “… It already has consumed me…” he was relieved to hear that the food was ready, but resolved to his task. He thought it a stroke of luck when Gor turned Kendra away. As they left the stairs and returned back to the kitchen, he snuck down into the common room and opened the chest containing the books. Grabbing all of them, he swiftly retreated back upstairs to his room, thinking to himself”the burden of forbidden knowledge is mine to bear.” As he sat down, he stirred one of his bubbling test tubes and began about reading the books one by one. The first he was saddened to see was simply about how to combat evil and contained knowledge of them as well. The other was a book based on the knowledge of old magic. As he tossed it down into his smallest metal chest, he came to the last book.

As he tried to open the book, the metal clasp would not open for him, and he knew it to be locked. He considered asking one of the others to open the lock for him, but reconsidered when he knew that the first thing they would want to do would be to read it. Deciding to try and open it later, he turned back to his alchemy kit and turned off all the burners and distillers, and noticed that the sound of laughter and tale telling, as well as the smell of food had subsided. “How long was I reading?” he wondered aloud as he made his way down stairs. As he saw the dinning room empty, he looked around for the others. As he is looking, Kendra points out that everyone had gone to bed, and Kyrus felt like a fool. He hated when his pursuit of knowledge made him do things others would view as rude, but he often rationalized it as necessary. After grabbing a quick bite, he also returned to his room, going over the books one last time…

As Kyrus awoke, he saw he was leaning over his desk, notes and pages from his travel spell book stuck to his face. As he groggily whipped them from his face, he stood and made his way to his bed. No sooner had he lied down his head then had Kendra opened his room door o rouse him form his sleep. “The others left for the temple already; I thought you had left with them. If you hurry, you can still catch them.” She spoke as she forced him out of bed. With a groggy whine, Kyrus walked over to his chest, and grabbed his backpack, careful to lock it after he was done. As he plucked up his traveling spell book on his way out, he began to read and studies on the long walk over there, when he was interrupted by Kendra also leaving. “Coming with me?” he asked, but when she explained her concern for the group, he under stood.

Still groggy from the walk, as they neared there destination, Kendra perked up and ran ahead. Not willing to run, Kyrus kept his pace, but realized when he arrived he had no idea where the group was. Deciding to check at the temple, the priest told him that they had just left. Aggravated, Kyrus headed back the way he came, but just before he left, the priest mentioned he heard them mention the old prison called “Harrowstone” headed back the way he came, he wondered how he had missed them. As he approaches the gates at a hurried pace, he spots them, but decides to lie back for a bit.

Perhaps there was a resin they left him…

saphyre_wolf

First Post
"I just might have a little skill at opening locks," Zatira says opening up a pouch on her belt and pulling out some tools. as she approaches the gate. then attempts to pick the lock.

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
With tools in hand, and a bit of know how on her end, Zatira is able to open the lock with relative easy. When the lock has been undone and the chain removed from the door, Zatira is the first to enter Harrowstone's Court yard. The moment she steps into the grounds however, Zatira is hit with a sudden feeling of claustrophobia and the split second sensation that her skin is on fire. From the gates most of the prison grounds can be seen. There are 2 Court yard guard towers at the western side of the wall, the eastern towers having collapsed into the sink hole, the closest one being about 40ft away from the gate. In front of the prison stands a lone house, looking as though it could collapse at any moment. Then there is the prison itself, looking aged by time, and burnt from a possible fire at some point. There are 2 balcony's that can be seen, one on the eastern side of the building and one on the western, though the eastern balcony has collapsed and become part of the pond.

OOC: Alrighty Zatira you must make a will save or be shaken for 6 rounds. Also dont forget your masterwork thieves tools give you a +2 bonus on your disable device checks :) And on another note due to the frequency in posts by some players me thinks its time for a slight purge. I'm gonna say whoever dont post in the next week, i will leave them out of important events and combats so everyone who is posting regularly doesn't have to wait for them all the time.

Remove ads