Rule Question: Sorcerer Spell List

Tewligan

First Post
Thanee said:
The answer to this is very easy.

The rules cover things you CAN do and do not specifically list things you CANNOT do. In other words, unless something is specifically allowed by the rules, you CANNOT do that.
If I may be bold as to go OT for a moment, this reminds me of a guy I used to play Warhammer 40K with. When building his Eldar armies, he would always insist that his Exarchs could take more than one item from the Exarch Equipment List, which said that a model could be equipped with ONE piece of equipment from the list. Now, if you aren't familiar with 40K, the Exarchs are members of the aspect warriors who follow a very specialized style of fighting, a style to which the Exarch has devoted his very life, eventually causing his very flesh and soul to bond with his ancient equipment. His argument was that since it didn't specifically say that he couldn't take more than one aspect, he was free to load down this poor space elf with as much ancestral weaponry as his spindly little legs could support. Of course, this guy pretty much always lost despite his constant blatant rules breaking, so the other player and I usually just let him have his cheating way during army creation (and throughout the game), and proceeded to rip him a new one anyway. Ah, memories...

Remove ads