• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[rumor, not fact!] Hasbro selling off WotC

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Scribble said:
If you need someone to start breaking kneecaps (for failure to comply with said Forgotten Realms Shakeup announcements) I am your man.

I don't exactly need anyone for that - I'll just smite people with my godly powers - but I'm willing to share the fun! I'll need followers, anyway. You can be a priest.

I might as well write up my commandments (don't count on stone tables, though, they're a pain to chisel into, and if you make a typo....), but maybe a big PDA or something.

1. Thou shalt not have Badwrongfun!

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Solice said:
No, WotC is not being sold.

Ok, lets assume for a second that all the WotC poeople here are telling the absolute truth (OMG, believe the man?!?! Are you out of your mind?). They're saying that WotC is not being sold, but none of them are saying that 4E is not being announced betwee now and Sunday evening.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Awakened

First Post
yeah, site's still down for me.
WOTC has clearly been sold. Sell off your books now before the feds come around to burn them all. My brother's holding them off at the front door while I make this post and hide my miniatures discreetly on my person.

I really wish that I hadn't forked out cash for that gargantuan black dragon now.

mcrow

Explorer
Well, assuming this is true (which it most likely is not) the most likely canidate is Mongoose. They have been speaking of this "holly grail" property they were about to aquire for the last year or so. Plus, they are really the only gaming company that could logistically take on D&D. Like it or not.

I'll also point out that employees of subdivisions of larger companies don't always find out that the division has been sold untill the deal is already done. I know this from personal experience. :p

Kae'Yoss

First Post
dmccoy1693 said:
Ok, lets assume for a second that all the WotC poeople here are telling the absolute truth (OMG, believe the man?!?! Are you out of your mind?). They're saying that WotC is not being sold, but none of them are saying that 4E is not being announced betwee now and Sunday evening.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Sneaky of them. They throw out the rumour of them being sold like cattle so they can hit us with 4e full in the face!

Rykion

Explorer
I have managed to get a hold of part of McDonalds press release announcing the buy.

McDonald's is proud to announce today that it has acquired Wizards of the Coast. The world's biggest roleplaying game company is the perfect fit for the world's number one fast food franchise. For too long the image of a roleplayer has been that of an overweight white male nerd. With this acquisition, we hope to change this stereotype to an overweight person of any race, gender, and social classification. The major hurdles for any roleplaying game have been distribution, sales locations, and social stigma. McDonald's distribution system can easily handle the added volume of WotC's hobby products. The numerous McDonald's restaurant locations are convenient to everyone, making it easy to find somewhere to purchase and play Dungeon & Dragons. The social stigma of roleplaying games will vanish as people see their peers enjoying our delicious food while playing in our restaurants. The brand will receive a slight change as it will now be McD&D... ;)

It goes on, but that's the most relevant part.

Oh and if the smiley isn't enough, this is a work of parody, albeit a poor one.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
mcrow said:
Well, assuming this is true (which it most likely is not) the most likely canidate is Mongoose. They have been speaking of this "holly grail" property they were about to aquire for the last year or so. Plus, they are really the only gaming company that could logistically take on D&D. Like it or not.

I thought that Traveller was their "holy grail." Wasn't it?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
"Hello? I'd like to play a Human McDruid with Extra Wild Shape, hold the deity, to go."
"Would you want animal companion with that?"
"Yes, please"
"Do you want me to Prestige Class you?"
"No, just regular, thanks."
"Yes, please drive to the next window!"

Remove ads