• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Running player commentary on PCat's 4E Campaign - Heroic tier (finished)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Have you considered teleporting out of the room? The wards might take a while to catch up if you go far enough.

--Penn
If you were a 25th level wizard building this room, would you take people teleporting out into account?

And let's face it, it does bad things to an 11th lvl campaign to have 2 million GP loose. That's why I'm figuring on a ritual with a DC mid-40s level check to take down the wards. And there's other treasure hidden throughout the tower.

But Zacris was really rich. What's a DM to do? This - effectively a "fabulous wealth petting zoo" - seemed like a fun solution. I can layer that room with as many plot hooks, informational magic items and neat objects as I want, and it's not going to affect the combat power level of the game. For instance, and I'm editing for spoilers, somewhere in the vast quantity of riches are the crown jewels to someone very important, whose people have been looking for them for a long time. The roleplaying and complications which arise from those objects' current location is pure plotty happiness.

Last edited:

Blackjack

First Post
Where'd the bit with the mirrors come from? I don't remember anything that would have led to it.

The lore we got that said of Ysid of the Seven Dark Eyes:
"tHe miRRoRs aLiGn, onE fOr ev'Ry EyE, and eAch sEes the othEr as tHey reFLeCt theMselVes bAck! thIs is hoW yOU cAll hIm anD drAw uPon hIs wILL..."

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Hey, people who aren't my players! Want to give me a hand on some campaign world-building? Please swing by here.

Thanks! (and thanks for all the kind comments above. Very much appreciated.)

My million-dollar suggestion:

Why don't you and/or your players edit this into a script, and submit it to studios; it doesn't have to be a major motion picture--it could do well as a mini-series (and make more money). I'm sure it would do much better than whatever D&D movie tripe they vomited out some years back.

Blood Jester

First Post
My million-dollar suggestion:

Why don't you and/or your players edit this into a script, and submit it to studios; it doesn't have to be a major motion picture--it could do well as a mini-series (and make more money). I'm sure it would do much better than whatever D&D movie tripe they vomited out some years back.

You mean aside from it being based entirely on a clearly and completely legally owned intellectual property?

I think PC just hates signing autographs...

You mean aside from it being based entirely on a clearly and completely legally owned intellectual property?

I think PC just hates signing autographs...

The story is good enough, I think, to stand on its own, without having to mention Dungeons & Dragons at all. Still, what people do, I understand, is develop a script, find an agent to work through to get a studio's attention, and then the studio does all the work getting licensing rights, etc.

You might not get much of a cut from the first one, but by the second and third series/movie, you'll be rolling in the gp.

carborundum

Adventurer
Thanks for all the updates and explanations PC and Sagiro - it's been one massive ride full of great ideas and fun. I can't wait for the next stage of eth campaign - I hope you'll link to it in this thread.

Cheers guys!

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
If you were a 25th level wizard building this room, would you take people teleporting out into account?
No. :p

Zacris was alive in the pre-history of D&D before diaglo's time, mang. The only high-level spell they knew was "Animate Rock." :D

On another note, I use Pbworks for my game wikis, too. It's easy and free.

Remove ads