Running This with That

Rechan

Adventurer
Anyone out there ever play games where you use one game system with another's setting? For instance, Eberron with Savage Worlds? Or very strongly mixing two settings/systems (like say, GURPS Cthulutech with GURPS Bunnies and Burrows? :D)

Here lately I have the real strong desire to run D&D 4e using Exalted's setting. Since the "PCs are Different" motto, and the sheer strength of PCs, really meshes well with Exalted (the setting has even fresh PCs starting as godlings, and the system sets them above everything except monsters and other godlings). And 4e's cosmology/background tracks with Exalted pretty awesomely too.

Also running Leverage or Blowback (the Burn Notice RPG) set in Sharn would be a blast.

Elf Witch

First Post
Anyone out there ever play games where you use one game system with another's setting? For instance, Eberron with Savage Worlds? Or very strongly mixing two settings/systems (like say, GURPS Cthulutech with GURPS Bunnies and Burrows? :D)

Here lately I have the real strong desire to run D&D 4e using Exalted's setting. Since the "PCs are Different" motto, and the sheer strength of PCs, really meshes well with Exalted (the setting has even fresh PCs starting as godlings, and the system sets them above everything except monsters and other godlings). And 4e's cosmology/background tracks with Exalted pretty awesomely too.

Also running Leverage or Blowback (the Burn Notice RPG) set in Sharn would be a blast.

I have played in two Kingdoms of Kalamar games one using D20 and once using Hero system. The Hero system worked really well for what the DM wanted.

darjr

I crit!
Greyhawk in GURPS including the Desert of Desolation series.

Metamorphosis Alpha using Savage Worlds.

I'm sure there are others instances I've run.....

A

amerigoV

I've run Eberron (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft) and Greyhawk with Savage Worlds. It rocked. I just wish I knew about SW when I ran Eyes of the Lich Queen - it would have been soooooo much better, faster, and lived up to the pulp of the setting's design.

Roland55

First Post

I don't see why that wouldn't be fun!

I once ran a medium-length 2ed campaign in the Talislanta world. Not saying it was easy.

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
I've done this, though the campaign didn't last long. I really should have given my players more than a cursory explanation of Creation, and the larger-than-life nature of solar exalts. :(

Currently I'm running a 4e D&D game that includes Sigil, if that counts as a different system.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Anyone out there ever play games where you use one game system with another's setting?

Yep- the one many call my best ever: I used HERO to run a supers game basically set in the world of Space:1889...in the year 1900.

Years later, I took that same setting and accumulated history and ran it in M&M (updated to 1914), but the system did not appeal to the players in that group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases