S1: The Strange Case of Aif Jenkins' Farm (E13 judge) - Concluded

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana Hayes: 33/45 HP

Juliana will rush back to the shed and dismount. (I'm assuming the orc she attacked is down. Otherwise she'll attack it).

Manzanita

First Post
Juliana dismounts and moves towards the entrance to the shed. The wide door is open, but she can see nothing inside. She realizes she can see outside only by the dim moon and starlight, but inside the shed, she would be in complete darkness. The others approach, Euseibus to w/in 40 feet, Beamer to w/in 60 feet, Banion still further, as he hurries through the bushes. Two more arrows fly from the woods at Juliana, who could gain cover behind her horse. Both miss.

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will stand at the ready as she manifests thicken skin.

'Anyone got a light?'

OOC: Just 1 PP, but the 50 minute duration makes it seem like it might be well worth it. She should be at 7/12. This is the second character I've had who doesn't have any light sources this week.

SlagMortar

First Post
I've got a sunrod.
Beamer pauses (behind cover if possible) to quickly retrieve a sunrod and his wand of scorching ray from his Handy Haversack. He does not activate the sunrod, but instead continues moving forward to Juliana.

Manzanita

First Post
Bront said:
Juliana will stand at the ready as she manifests thicken skin.

'Anyone got a light?'

OOC: Just 1 PP, but the 50 minute duration makes it seem like it might be well worth it. She should be at 7/12. This is the second character I've had who doesn't have any light sources this week.

Thicken skin gives +1 natural AC bonus. There is no good cover. The second hut is built right into the hill, so its roof meets the hill, with no back wall. Juliana could take cover behind her horse. Beamer, having a +1 BAB or greater, can pull out his wand and sunrod as he runs. He can thus close to w/in 20 feet of Juliana next round, and can reach the shed door the round following. Juliana attracts two more arrows as she manifests. Neither hits.

Boddynock

First Post
Although he doesn't like the idea of leaving enemies at his back, Eusebius likes the idea of playing cat and mouse with orcs in a dark forest even less. He heads straight into the shed, stripping his gloves from his hands as he does so, so that the ring on his finger sheds its light abroad.

Of course, the question of whether Jenkins and his men are also enemies at his back is one which has yet to be resolved!

[sblock=OOC]Continual Flame on the ring.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Eusebius reaches the hut and he and Juliana enter side by side. The light of the ring reveals the hut wooden sides giving way to rock walls, as a tunnel about 10 feet wide continues into darkness South. The hut part is about 15' by 15' & three men are in it. Two are dark-skinned humans armed with short composite bows. The third is an orc with a greataxe. The orc holds his place as the men fire. Two more arrows come flying out of the darkness of the passage as well. None hit.

The two archers in the trees fire at Beamer as he runs to the shed. He's hit once for 6 pts dmg.

Does Banion leave the trees to join the other three?

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I have a reach weapon, so if I'm in a 15'x15' room, I should get an AoO for an archer in that space...

Boddynock

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I presume that the archers and the orc are 10 ft away? If they're adjacent, he'll just launch a flurry of unarmed blows at the orc. If they're 15 ft away, he'll take a 5 ft step in and attack. Of course, there's always the possiblity of AoO's if the archers fire again. He can make a total of 3 AoO's (Combat Reflexes).[/sblock]
Eusebius smiles grimly as he grips his chain and swings it off his neck. Making swirling loops with its spiked length, he strikes at the nearest of the archers, trusting Juliana to deal with the orc.

Remove ads