S3: The Scythe of Seto (Bront Judging)[Completed]

SlagMortar

First Post
"Sir Viking, queen's protector. Move forward one square."

OOC:
Beamer wants the pawn in front of Raz to move forward one square.

Strategy thoughts. Let me know anything seems like a bad idea:
I like both of Ogrin's ideas. I think we should start with the pawn for now.

We should try to take advantage of the centaur's double damage on charge. The centaur will be especially effective against the black queen since the centaur is nearly untrippable. Raz will be effective against the black queen as well. Ogrin and Banion should probably avoid her as much as possible.

The pawns should probably be used for softening up whoever they can. I think they are best used against everyone except the minotaurs, queen, and scorpions.

The "other" bishop should be held in reserve for healing. I don't think he'll be particularly effective in combat. He can destroy the skeletons with a turn undead, though.

Manzanita

First Post
Let's assume the game starts at 9 am.

At Beamer's command, the Viking warrior directly in front of Razh salutes. Despite having been a statue until moments earlier the vikings seem to have a sense of humor. 'The Queen's protector' gives his queen bemused smirk, and several other pawns chuckle. He does obey Beamer's command, picking up his longspear and trotting forward 15 feet to take up his new position. He then puts down his longspear and readies his sheild and warhammer for battle.

The viking warriors all look young, with smooth skin and patchy beards. They wear high boots and heavy tunics made of the skin of white bears. They keep a sturdy warhammer over their backs, and two throwing axes strapped across their chests.

A few seconds later, the black king raises his arm. A rattling sound is heard from under his cloak. The minotaur to his left springs into action, pushing past the skelletons, and assuming his position in the bishop's file.

9:00:12 White's turn.

Attachments

• chess.JPG
    chess.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 119

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Playing along, Rasereit tosses his long red hair back over his shoulder and puckers his lips. In a gruff, dwarven rasp he says, "Aye, aye, do as my lord husband commands!" He gives Beamer a loving look and tells him sweetly, "Worry not, me gentle king, yer lady wife will rip a new one in all o' yer foes."

OOC: Ogrin's strategy sounds good, Razh can probably handle any piece on the board. Wouldn't hurt to soften them up first, as you say.

SlagMortar

First Post
Beamer smiles at Raz's comment. "Now, now. Patience is a virtue of a gentlelady," Beamer says with a wink. "Mister centaur, king of horses and knight of the board. Move up and to the outside."

OOC:
Centaur to the position above the rook.

Manzanita

First Post
The Centaur salutes and trots past the Vikings to take his new position, holding his lance at ready.

The black king shifts again, with a clank, and sends his knight pawn up one square.

Attachments

• chess.JPG
    chess.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 101

SlagMortar

First Post
"Rasereit, how about you step forward?"

OOC:
Sorry to be holding things up. I'll try to post a little quicker. Others, feel free to post as well.

Manzanita

First Post
Rasereit steps forward one square. On the black side, the King's bishop moves up to where the pawn just was.

Attachments

• chess.JPG
    chess.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 99

SlagMortar

First Post
"Continue on over there, Rasereit, but stop before you get to the edge" says Beamer pointing along the diagonal up to his left.

OOC:
Move Rasereit left along the diagonal to the position above Ogrin.

Remove ads