• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sage Advice on Energy Burst Bows

Caliban

Rules Monkey
S'mon said:

Except that bow & arrow enhancement plusses do stack (for to-hit & damage), like armour & shield. A house rule that they didn't would be ok of course. They only don't stack in the case of bypassing DR, where the bow's + has no effect at all.

That's pretty much what he said.

Marshall

First Post
Caliban said:

I think he was trying to make a nit-picky point and confused himself.

Right. Thats why he has @ an 85% accuracy rate. That 85% of the time when he pays attention and thinks thru the query, he gives good answers. The problem is that the 15% where he's confused, remembering wrong, or making a snap judgement also get printed as official cannon.

Fortunately we have these boards to smack 'im upside the head when he screws up.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Marshall said:

Right. Thats why he has @ an 85% accuracy rate. That 85% of the time when he pays attention and thinks thru the query, he gives good answers. The problem is that the 15% where he's confused, remembering wrong, or making a snap judgement also get printed as official cannon.

Fortunately we have these boards to smack 'im upside the head when he screws up.

What I'm saying is that in the "offiicial" stuff that's printed, he has a much higher accuracy rate. If you actually review all the Sage Advice stuff since 3e first came out, it's around 97-99% accurate, depending on wheter your agree with certain rulings.

I take anything from an online chat or personal converstion with a grain of salt, he doesn't do nearly as well when he doesn't have his books handy. (I confirmed this when I talked to him at Winter Fantasy earlier this year.)

S'mon

Legend
Caliban said:

What I'm saying is that in the "offiicial" stuff that's printed, he has a much higher accuracy rate. If you actually review all the Sage Advice stuff since 3e first came out, it's around 97-99% accurate, depending on wheter your agree with certain rulings.

From reading the FAQ I'd put it closer to 50-60%, ie amazingly low. But it's a question of preference - maybe you _like_ 'bag of snails"...

edit: the Errata is good though, it's clearly been thought through. Few of the Sage Advice/FAQ answers seem to have been given any thought at all.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads