• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sagiro's Story Hour Returns (new thread started on 5/18/08)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That would be cool! You may or may not remember Dranko's great theory (and I still think it is, darn it) that Cranchus is actually Parthol Runecarver. Great minds think alike.

But since we're heading off to find Cranchus, doubtless all will be revealed one way or another. :D

Berandor

lunatic
Hey there!

I'm currently working my way through this whole SH (I'm at session 105 or so, the party is in Crosser's Maze), but I've got a question:
With a party of six or seven PCs, is there a specific reason that there is an NPC like Flicker in the party, too? Is it to get them into trouble? How do the players take to Flicker saving the day? I can see adding Makel to the party (and keeping him for guests is nice), but when I'm DM'ing, I'd rather have four or five PCs, so in a party of six, I couldn't see myself adding another character.

Not that it keeps me from enjoying the adventures of Abernathy's Company. I particularly enjoy the mix of combat and story, and I mentally jot down many notes on how to throw your group a curve ball. Some day, I'll even be up to date with current posts.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Flicker is in the party for a few reasons. 1) we don't have a "full" rogue, and everyone needs one 2) Also several of the party's players have spouses who game but aren't in this game. Sagiro specifically wanted a full time NPC so that if we had guests over we had someone for them to play.

Although we haven't done it in a while, the group likes to go away for weekends and play and hang out together. It's nice to be able to include Significant Others in the play without having to bend the world to add new PCs

Everett

First Post
Originally Posted by Sagiro
As my father was fond of telling me while I was growing up: "Nobody said life was fair."

So how about an update?

And what's the Oasis Mage's Guild again? Don't remember that at all.

Gold Roger

First Post
Everett said:
Originally Posted by Sagiro
As my father was fond of telling me while I was growing up: "Nobody said life was fair."

So how about an update?

And what's the Oasis Mage's Guild again? Don't remember that at all.

It's forbidden to found a mages guild in the city of Oasis. There was some important in historical reason why that I don't remember. Anyway, quite early the PC's found out that the Sharshun had founded a mages guild in Oasis, but never really did anything about it. I suspect that this would have been the critical link to find the other eyes in time.

My latest insane ramblings...
[sblock]What if Darkeye, the leader of the Sharshun, is really "dark eye"? -- as in a dark Eye of Moirel.

Up to now I had just been assuming the remaining Eyes of Moirel (that the PCs don't have) fill out the remaining colors of the rainbow. But there's no reason that has to be the case. One of them could be black, or some other dark color, and it would then be the Dark Eye.

The Red Eye dominated Sagiro (the NPC), so maybe the Dark Eye is capable of mentally dominating the whole sharshun organization.[/sblock]

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Joshua Randall said:
My latest insane ramblings...
[sblock]What if Darkeye, the leader of the Sharshun, is really "dark eye"? -- as in a dark Eye of Moirel.

Up to now I had just been assuming the remaining Eyes of Moirel (that the PCs don't have) fill out the remaining colors of the rainbow. But there's no reason that has to be the case. One of them could be black, or some other dark color, and it would then be the Dark Eye.

The Red Eye dominated Sagiro (the NPC), so maybe the Dark Eye is capable of mentally dominating the whole sharshun organization.[/sblock]
I suggested this theory pages ago. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads