• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sailors on the Starless Sea

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Frank the fickle's eyes light up. "Oh! Can the folks here drink her milk? That will assure that they get healed!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Narančasta pulls out his bottle of holy water and sets about performing his ritual on the dead. Siva steps up to rally the mob of commoners and give them purpose. "Take what you can use from the dead; collect those spears; search the tower."

Kurl is already on it searching around the bull-headed champion and then down the stairs rooting through the half-cured, rotting, vermin-infested hides and skins. Surprisingly, Kurl finds a small alcove set into the floor under piles of rotting hides. Within are a scattering of coins, an elven short sword set with emeralds that is wrapped in a simple green cloak. The beast-man champion wielded an iron axe and the other beast-men had spears. Three unlit torches are set in sconces on the walls of the tower.

The herb-woman nods in agreement to watch Betsy. She rouses the other villagers and moves out into the courtyard. They are all glad to get away from the horrors of the tower.

[sblock=OOC]Stuff found: 53 sp, 23 gp, 2 pp; elven short sword; green cloak; iron axe; spear (x6)

DT, you don't want to take a cow into a dungeon?:lol:[/sblock][sblock=Kurl Sparkhaven]Around the champion's neck is a large silver torc half-buried under folds of flesh. It might be difficult to remove stealthily or keep hidden when worn.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Frank: "Oh, a spear! Can I use one?"

Homer: "Frank, you are not right in the head."

Frank: "And . . . . .?"

Hank: "Guys, that is enough. Lets see if there is anything that can be used as we delve deeper, off of poor Jakob. I can use his short sword,Here is 31 copper coins, some linen, and didn't he have a grapple hook?"
Hank walks out to the wall and retrieves the rope and grapple then returns.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender and Boral decide not to take up the weapon and allow another to grab it since they looted the previous corpse.

Boral adds, "Of course they can take milk from Betsy. She shouldn't get too weighed down by the stuff anyway. Take good care of her, since I don't know what I'd do if I lost her!" He gives her a rub underneath her jaw.

Tender says, "I wouldn't mind someone keeping those coins so we can split them up later. We will need them to help with the recovery when this is all done."

Kurl is busy taking a silver torc off the corpse of a large beastman. He seems unusually polite and chipper. "If you don't mind, I'd like to keep this however. I like the idea of protecting my neck, as I've become quite attached to it." Saying so, he claps is on.

OOC: DM, I was definitely tempted to keep Betsy with Boral, but I figured he would be more concerned about her getting stuck in a passageway then staying with rescued neighbors. :)

Scott DeWar

Though not exactly sentimental, Homar takes the two pieces of the shortsword and lays them on the fallen caravan guard. "If a guard didn't survive this place, how can we?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Numbers account for much, lad," Tender reminds him gently. He turns towards the others. "And we untrained are doing pretty well so far. I can take the lead down into the depths as my dwarven eyes are better accustomed for such. Who is with me in front?"

Scott DeWar

"Hmm Dangerous, deadly even. likely hood of dying. Unlikely to be much help. " Frank the fickle stands with a big grin then says, "Count me in!!"

Homer face palms and mumbles about keeping an eye on Frank.

The scribe meanwhile cleans his specticals and says, "You will need a chronically. I am at your service, master dwarf."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads