Doom of the Savage Kings

GlassEye

Adventurer
[MENTION=34958]Deuce Traveler[/MENTION] [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]

If you all are still interested I'm ready to continue.

OOC & Rogues Gallery

Special Rules:
Defensive Fighting: Surrender all attacks for +2 to AC for the turn. Fighters and Dwarves gain 1+level? AC

Cast:
Tender Woodfingers (L), dwarven Chest-Maker (L 10) (Deuce Traveler)
Boral Furren (N), Wheat Farmer, Wizard (L 15) (Deuce Traveler)
Kurl Sparkhaven (C), Wizard's Apprentice, Cleric of Bobugbubilz (L 8) (Deuce Traveler)
Franko the Fickle (N), Jester Wizard (L 12) (Scott DeWar)
Homer Greenthumb (?), halfling Moneylender (L 11) (Scott DeWar)
Hank (L), Scribe Wizard (L 8) (Scott DeWar)
Lizt (N), Ropemaker Thief (L 14) (CanadienneBacon)
Alois (L), Cobbler Warrior (L 10) (CanadienneBacon)
Gratien (N), elven Forester (L 8) (CanadienneBacon)

XP: 20

LOOT:
Vine Horrors: 1x short sword, 1x dagger
Burnt Chapel: 3x chainmail hauberk (human-sized), 3x mace, 1x flail, 1x iron coffer w/ 3 cones of incense wrapped in a cloth stitched with golden chaos symbol, 1x golden censer
Tower of the Beast-men: 53 sp, 23 gp, 2 pp; elven short sword; green cloak; iron axe; spear (x6); silver torc
Empty Vault: 7 cp, 10 sp, and 6 gp
Ziggurat: blackened iron plate mail (superior construction gives DC 20 save vs critical hit effects); +1 spiked flail (1/day wreathe in fire for 3 rounds doing +1d6 damage); 22 gp; 53 sp
---
Elemental: 3x pitted bronze short sword, 15 sp
Empty room/entrance: +2 Lion shield (carried by Lizt); +2 Will saves, -2 morale to enemies 5 HD or less. Can sacrifice shield to avoid damage from a critical hit. Hound needs Will save to attack shield bearer.
Ghoul: Spear of Hirot; +1 to hit, damage, & initiative. On a hit, the wielder can use the crossbars to pin a creature and reduce its AC by the wielder's STR bonus. Sacrifice action & make a contested strength check to maintain pin. Pinning affects magical and prevents gaseous form, teleporting, etc.
Ghoul (x2): Hide of the Cave Bear (Alois); Rage 1/day

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
The dragon-prowed boat rushed down the flume at heart-stopping speeds, the wave of water created by the collapsing cavern behind propelling the group in their craft at ever more precipitous speeds. The boat bashed against the walls wood cracking ominously with every collision until it seemed the poor boat couldn't take much more. The three beastmen shrieked and cowered in the bottom of the boat covering their heads with their varied claws.

In places the ceiling lowered so that it was dangerous to stand above the level of the boat's sides. The wooden dragon head was battered into a splintered mess and Narancasta almost lost his head when he raised up to check out their surroundings. After that it seemed best to squat at the bottom of the boat and hang on for the ride.

Eventually the mass of water outdistanced them, pushed ahead and left the boat in the wake. In the darkness it is hard to tell how much time has passed, especially after two or three sleeps, but hunger begins to gnaw at your bellies.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Franko the Fickle, Jester (L 11) (Scott DeWar)
Homar Greenthumb, halfling Moneylender (L 4) (Scott DeWar)
Hank, Scribe (L 5) (Scott DeWar)

OOC: what does the L # mean? life?

edit: Franko, Homer and Hank keep to the bottom of the boat the first time the dragon heat even touches the cavern roof. They wait until the roof is clear before raising their heads.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Boral barely holds on, but asks as the bumping slows down, "Do you think we are alright? It feels as if the worst of it has passed.

"I don't know lad, but you best keep yourself down for now. We'll need your magic in case of further trouble and I don't want you getting that head knocked around," Tender says as he settles the young mage down.

Kurl takes a chance to look up above the rim of the ship, "Hopefully we'll find a place to land soon. All this killing in the name of religion is giving me an appetite."

OOC: The blackened plate mail and +1 flail probably should go to our best fighter, which I think is Narancasta. I'd like the chaos religious equipment for Kurl. Is the elven short sword or iron axe special in any way? My characters are well armed at this point.

Scott DeWar

I have a halfling and 2 wizards playing. I can only ask for an elvin shortsword for the halfling.

GlassEye

Adventurer
The dragon-prowed boat, now much more battered, is still moving at a good clip through the underground river passage. It is only by luck that the river hasn't become totally submerged. That luck appears to have run out, however, as up ahead the passage narrows to a width that is much narrower than the boat will be able to navigate.

Siva begins a frantic praying and Narancasta looks on grimly as the boat rapidly approaches the chokepoint. Kurl feels a presence and then notices a corruscating, green light begin flickering around the narrows. Then it is too late and the group only have time to brace themselves as the boat hits. Despite that most are thrown forward and everyone blacks out.

When everyone comes to, the predominant sight is greyness: cold mist blankets a nearby valley floor and dark clouds pile atop bare, craggy peaks. A trio of crows rise into the air croaking their annoyance. Looking over the sides of the boat you can see that it has become wedged between two large standing stones; the underground river is nowhere to be seen.

Five other stones finish out the circle around a bloody altar that sits on a craggy bluff. Gore covers the altar and a closer look reveals four holes bored into the stone with thick coils of rope looped through the stone to make crude shackles.

Study of the scenery is interrupted by muffled screams and the sight of shuffling forms ahead in the mists.

[sblock=OOC]Scott, the L stands for Luck. Unlucky characters tend to die early.

Deuce, since it doesn't seem likely that doghead will be returning soon I'll probably work Siva and Narancasta out of the story as soon as I can. Because of that, Tender would be the best candidate for the armor and flail should he want it. The elven short sword and the iron axe are both normal. Homer definitely needs a second weapon so he can do his halfling two-weapon fighting, though.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Homer picks himself off the deck and grabs the Elvin and normal shortswords which just so happen to be right in front of him. The cries slap him to sharp awareness. He looks around to see where the calls came from.

Franko is up against a bulkhead and upside down. He rolls down and acrobatically rolls to a stand. He looks about with a slightly confused look until the cry occurs. His eyes light up and he says,"Ha! someone to help!"

Hank moans low and slowly rolls himself over and slowly lifts himself. He cringes at Franko's enthusiasm.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender gets up and looks at the shuffling forms headed in their direction. "Kurl, are we dead? Is this some sort of afterlife, and if so, why do I feel so sore?"

Kurl staggers to his feet, too. "I... I'm not sure, but I don't feel dead. That's as much as I can tell."

Boral adds to the discussion. "I have a feeling we aren't standing in the best of places. How about we pull what we can out of the ship and get ready to beat feet?"

OOC: Kurl will take the clerical items, and has been using the silver torc. If no objections, Tender will take the armor, though someone will have to adjust the armor for him to fit. Scott, do you want your halfing to have the magical flail? If not, Tender will grab that, too, but you should have dibs on better weapons for your halfling.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Grim peasants, faces lined with fear, emerge from the gloom. All bear crude weapons -- wood axes, staves, pitchforks and long knives. The mob drives a raven-haired woman before them; gagged and bound with thick rope, she squirms and fights them with every step. Trailing the mob are solemn figures astride warhorses, the telltale glint of armor flashing beneath their wolfskin cloaks.

[sblock=Edit]Note that at least three days have passed during the river ride and healing over that time will put you all at full hit points and spells are back at their unused level. Homer will also have three Luck points restored. Gear can be redistributed during those days.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads