• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Samardan Press releases Fantasy Concepts!

Flynn

First Post
Oldtimer said:
Found another little thing:

Starting Equipment
Experts begin play with one set of thieves’ tools, if they have ranks in the Craft (metalsmithing) skill.

Maybe I should just do a search for ranks, huh? :) Thanks, Oldtimer. I'll add it to the errata and it'll go in the next update.

With Regards,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Gwarh said:
Sorry Flynn, I didn't do a very good job of explaining what I though was wrong here. To me it's just a grammar issue. How the Feat is worded makes it possible to read the feat incorrectly. I'm sure most will get the correct interpretation, I did, it's just it could be construed another way.

So as it reads right now. Favored Enemy Spell (Mystic, Scholar). It reads as if this feat works for your enemies favorite spell, not your own for use against said enemy.

If you write it this way Favored Enemy: Spell (Mystic, Scholar) or Favored Enemy - Spell (Mystic, Scholar) Then it reads more clearly. Now it reads as a variant of the Favored Enemy feat. It's just a nit picky point of grammar is all.

Or even "Spellbane Versus Favored Enemy" or something like that? While I am beginning to feel that it might be too late to make such a change in the official version, considering that a number of people have started to pick up their copies, I would encourage you to change it in your campaign to something that makes sense for you.

With Regards,
Flynn

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:36 Toughness Feat

Is the +2 granted to Con for the purposes of Hit Point calculation retroactive for any levels you might have gained before taking this feat?

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:46 Lay on Hands talent

The last sentence of the talent reads as below.

"which requires a successful melee attack against the targeted undead."

Is this a touch Attack, or did you intend for it to be a normal melee attack?

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:63 Agility Talent Tree - Escape from...

Why is the talent "Escape from Ropes" an opposed skill check, where "Escape from Manacles" isn't?

Flynn

First Post
Gwarh said:
Is the +2 granted to Con for the purposes of Hit Point calculation retroactive for any levels you might have gained before taking this feat?

All Con adjustments are, so yes.

Hope That Helps,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Gwarh said:
The last sentence of the talent reads as below.

"which requires a successful melee attack against the targeted undead."

Is this a touch Attack, or did you intend for it to be a normal melee attack?

Our inspirational sources tended to stay away from touch attacks, so we did, too.

With Regards,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
Gwarh said:
Why is the talent "Escape from Ropes" an opposed skill check, where "Escape from Manacles" isn't?

Ropes don't tie themselves, whereas the lock on manacles works the same way every time. With manacles you are working against the same constriction level every time, with no changes. With ropes, it depends on the person that tied you up, so the free space and security of the knots can differ.

Hope That Helps,
Flynn

Flynn

First Post
I've noticed that Fantasy Concepts did not make the front page of ENWorld today. Is there something special I need to do in order to request that kind of thing, or am I asking a little too early?

Just wanting to make sure I do the right thing here,
Flynn

Gwarh

Explorer
I myself don't know how you go about doing that Flynn. But I say trumpet your horn loud and proud, let people know.

Go make a post on rpg.net in the d20 forum as well as the Indie publishing one if I'm correct.

Remove ads