• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Samardan Press releases Fantasy Concepts!

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Two more small things:

Improved Favored Enemy (Warrior talent)
Prerequisite: Improved Favored Enemy

Survivalist Talent Path
You are talented as surviving in the wilderness.

Flynn

First Post
Oldtimer said:
Two more small things:

Improved Favored Enemy (Warrior talent)
Prerequisite: Improved Favored Enemy

Survivalist Talent Path
You are talented as surviving in the wilderness.

Grrr... I just posted an updated version to Lulu.com, and didn't get those. I think at this point I'll probably need to start pushing out an errata file instead of updating the core PDF. (That is, unless there's something BIG that needs to be fixed.)

Thanks for the input, though, and I hope that you continue to post errata as you find them.

With Regards,
Flynn

Gwarh

Explorer
Flynn

Why not just wait and do an updated PDF every couple days. I'm sure there will be more folks posting as they purchace it and soon enough we'll all help catch all the little gremlins that survived to publishing.

I personally much prefer a corrected and updated PDF. Errata files are fine for print editons, but in this day of eletronic publishing, there really a pain in the ass when the original could be updated.

Flynn

First Post
I'm good with it, if it helps. The biggest problem with that approach lies in those that order the POD. Still, I can hope that the changes are small, so the updates are infrequent. I'll keep an errata file going for the PODs, just in case.

With Regards,
Flynn

Gwarh

Explorer
By all means keep an errata PDF as well. Infact it's pretty much necissary for those who purchaced the PoD copy right at the get go.

But if you update the PDF won't any new PoD's print the most current version of Fantasy Concepts?

Gwarh

Explorer
Flynn said:
I only included Blind-Fight for Mystics because of the concept of the blind martial artist, which is a classic trope for such things. As the Mystic encompasses the monk-style concepts as well as the divine caster, I felt it was a good fit. Again, for your campaign, if you'd like to add Expert or substitute Expert for Mystic, please feel free. For me, it made more thematic sense to do it as I did.

With Regards,
Flynn

Good Point Flynn, I didn't even think about the Monk Class as being modeled with the Mystic. I guess I've personally never liked having an Asian flavored Class in my Mediveal Western Europe based fantasy. But thats just me. Having read more of the Fantasy Concepts PDF now it makes sense as how you've handled it.

Gwarh

Explorer
Flynn said:
While that is the case, and I'm not opposed to adding it, as it makes sense, I didn't want to require that all nobles and aristocrats know Blades, but I figured anyone could swing a club. Feel free to add it in your game as a freebie for Aristocrats, as I don't think it would imbalance anything to do so.

With Regards,
Flynn

I absolutly see where your comming from, and going with that line of logic. I only brought it up as a "Flavor" point really. I'm personally on an "Old School Feel, New School Rules" kick and will be using Fantasy Concepts for good old Door Kicking, Dungeon Crawling, Loot Hauling adventures.

So I'll switch the club entry for each class to one of the Older D&D Iconic weapon types for each class.

Oldtimer

Great Old One
Publisher
Found another little thing:

Starting Equipment
Experts begin play with one set of thieves’ tools, if they have ranks in the Craft (metalsmithing) skill.

Gwarh

Explorer
Favored Enemy Spell

Flynn said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarh
On page 31 the below feat is printed as:

Favored Enemy Spell (Mystic, Scholar)
Now granted I'm being really nit picky here but shoudln't it read Favored Enemy: Spell(Mystic, Scholar)

For as the way it is now, it reads as if you have a Favorite Spell that your Enemy Casts.
I thought at first when I read it it would be a feat to gain a bonus on counter spelling a particular enemies spell.

It is designed to make your spells more effective against a favored enemy. It has nothing to do with counterspelling. I'm not sure what you are getting at with this one, but I think it's because I'm having a hard time reading in the light that you have. Feel free to explain, if you'd like.

Sorry Flynn, I didn't do a very good job of explaining what I though was wrong here. To me it's just a grammar issue. How the Feat is worded makes it possible to read the feat incorrectly. I'm sure most will get the correct interpretation, I did, it's just it could be construed another way.

So as it reads right now. Favored Enemy Spell (Mystic, Scholar). It reads as if this feat works for your enemies favorite spell, not your own for use against said enemy.

If you write it this way Favored Enemy: Spell (Mystic, Scholar) or Favored Enemy - Spell (Mystic, Scholar) Then it reads more clearly. Now it reads as a variant of the Favored Enemy feat. It's just a nit picky point of grammar is all.

Flynn

First Post
Gwarh said:
By all means keep an errata PDF as well. Infact it's pretty much necissary for those who purchaced the PoD copy right at the get go.

But if you update the PDF won't any new PoD's print the most current version of Fantasy Concepts?

Yes, so long as they haven't been printed yet. That's why I worked to get an updated version out this weekend, before what I hope is the next print run at Lulu. If your order status is "fulfilling" or something like that, I believe you're good to get the updated and corrected version as your POD.

Hope This Helps,
Flynn

Remove ads