• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Samardan Press releases Fantasy Concepts!

Flynn

First Post
Samardan Press has released their latest RPG product, the Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource!

Fantasy Concepts is a D20-based Open Gaming system for fantasy roleplaying that implements the latest in streamlined D20-based game mechanics to provide a new level of character versatility and quick combat resolution to your fantasy roleplaying experience. The Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource offers:

* A streamlined skill system with a reduced skill list for ease of game play and character advancement;
* A redesigned combat system aimed at a rapid resolution of conflict without losing any of the fun;
* Seven races and six character classes that utilize talent paths for character development;
* Twenty-nine talent paths containing 128 talents to help customize your character;
* Over one hundred feats that offer flexibility and diversity in support of your character concept;
* An action point system that is fully integrated with the rest of Fantasy Concepts;
* Simple conversion details that allow you to continue using the spells and monsters from your other D20-based Open Gaming systems with the Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource;
* And much more…

If you're tired of the same old fantasy game, and long for something a little different, then the Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource is your guide to a brave new world of wonder and adventure! Whether it's a standalone adventure or a year-long Saga, with Fantasy Concepts, the Adventure is Yours!

This 108-page PDF is lavishly illustrated and thoroughly bookmarked for ease of use. The Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource is currently available at our Lulu storefront:
http://stores.lulu.com/samardanpress

To go directly to the Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource product page, visit:
http://www.lulu.com/content/1444818

The Fantasy Concepts Campaign Resource is also available in Print-On-Demand, just in time for your Holiday Shopping needs!

With Warm Regards,
Jason "Flynn" Kemp

Gwarh

Explorer
The Saga Begins

Thanks for all the Hard work Flynn, and you too EditorBFG for all your hard work on this project. Been waiting for this one for a why.

Just downloading it now and will eagerly read through it.

Will this be the thread to provide feedback and discussion of the Fantasy Concepts PDF? or will there be another?

~ Gwarh

Flynn

First Post
You can use either this one or the original thread over in the General Section. Alternately, you can start a thread of your own with '[Fantasy Concepts]' in the title and I'll check it out and post what I can.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on the content,
Flynn

Inferno!

Explorer
Hi Flynn,

I downloaded it and have skimmed through it. It looks good and I'm excited about giving it a try. :D

The only thing that stood out to me was on page 60, the Table: Skills by Class lists classes that differ from the classes detailed earlier. I presume scholar replaces wizard, but what are the number of beginning skills for outlander and aristocrat?

Gwarh

Explorer
PG:21 question re Gnomes

On pg:21 under the heading for Gnomes, it states the below.

Small Size: As Small creatures, gnomes gain +1 size bonus to their Reflex Score and attack rolls,

Does this mean that because they are small, they get a bonus to hit others? And if that is
the case then why? It must be only vs creatures larger than themselves. As it wouldn't
make any sense if they got a +1 to hit other small creatures.

Last edited:

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:23 Aristocrat Weapon Proficiency

Page 23 lists the Aristocrat Character Class's starting Weapon Group Proficiency as Clubs.
Wouldn't it make more sense to have Swords. As Swords were the symbol of authority in
many ancient societies.

Last edited:

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:29 - Reats - Agile Riposte

Is the Reactive Attack that this feat allows you to make (by using an action point) in
addition to any other attacks one could make in a give round? or is it either the Riposite
or your normal attack.

I'm assuming it's in addition too as it costs a Action Point to activate. I only mention it
as it's not entierly clear which is the case.

Last edited:

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:30 - Feats - Armored Caster, Attack Focus, Blind Fight

(keep in mind all these comments are just IMO)

The Armored Caster feat is listed as only for (Scholars a.k.a. Wizards)
but wouldn't it be, at least in a traditional D&D'ish sense for Mystics a.k.a. Clerics.

And the Attack Focus feat is listed as only for (Aristocrat, Mystic, Outlander,
Warrior) Wouldn't it be more likely that the Mystic be swapped with Expert as it
more or a martial class than the Mystic? Granted Warrior Monks could be
portayed as a Mystic, but I still feel Experts should be in this group as well.

Blind–Fight is listed as only for (Mystic, Warrior) Wouldn't Expert be a
better choice than Mystic for this feat?

Last edited:

Gwarh

Explorer
Pg:31 - Feats - Favored Enemy Spell & Pg:32/33 Improved Shots

On page 31 the below feat is printed as:

Favored Enemy Spell (Mystic, Scholar)

Now granted I'm being really nit picky here but shoudln't it read
Favored Enemy: Spell (Mystic, Scholar) For as the way it is
now, it reads as if you have a Favorite Spell that your Enemy Casts.
I thought at first when I read it it would be a feat to gain a bonus on
counter spelling a particular enemies spell.

also

Improved Point Blank Shot and Improved Precise Shot
Perhaps adding Outlander to the limited to classes for this feat would
be good. As the Outlander seems to include Forrester/Ranger like
characters under it's umbrella.

Last edited:

Remove ads