• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
First, nice flavorful intro!

Bartholomew is slightly above average hight with pointed ears, blond shoulder length hair and white skin. He wears studded leather armor that looks like it has a nautical theme to the design and his rapier is rakishly but also conveniently at his side. His lyre is on his back but available for quick access and looks sturdy enough to brain someone in an emergency.

Prior to the party Bartholomew gave an inspiring speach to his companions (inspiring leader) so we all have 20 temp HP.

@Flamestrike, Bartholomew knows that Waterhavian high society are a tricky lot always seeking any advantage and going to extreme means to get it, especially in manipulating people like us. My thought would have been, if there was enough time before this "celebration, " to cast heroes feast to aid against such measures. Does that make sense and was there time?

As to what Bartholomew does? I'd like to quickly try to determine how concerned/worried Laeral is and if there are any nuances to her speech not immediately apparent. After that, assuming I don't sense anything untoward, I'll follow her lead - like she asked (though I WILL hang back and let the meatier of us lead on that front!).

Prior to the party Bartholomew gave an inspiring speach to his companions (inspiring leader) so we all have 20 temp HP.
That's fine; a 'Ladies and Gents; we've earnt this' kind of thing.
@Flamestrike, Bartholomew knows that Waterhavian high society are a tricky lot always seeking any advantage and going to extreme means to get it, especially in manipulating people like us. My thought would have been, if there was enough time before this "celebration, " to cast heroes feast to aid against such measures. Does that make sense and was there time?
There was certainly time, but would your PC really blow 1000gp (the spell consumes the foci) on a magnificent feast for the party, right before they attended a second magnificent feast?

As to what Bartholomew does? I'd like to quickly try to determine how concerned/worried Laeral is and if there are any nuances to her speech not immediately apparent. After that, assuming I don't sense anything untoward, I'll follow her lead - like she asked (though I WILL hang back and let the meatier of us lead on that front!).
Wisdom Insight check thanks.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
That's fine; a 'Ladies and Gents; we've earnt this' kind of thing.

There was certainly time, but would your PC really blow 1000gp (the spell consumes the foci) on a magnificent feast for the party, right before they attended a second magnificent feast?
Thought about it, but I'll hold off

(edit: took out "for the moment" as it doesn't really make sense)
Wisdom Insight check thanks.

11+6 = 17

Asisreo

Patron Badass
Galvich is a 6'1 (1.834m) in height and she has grey hair, silver eyes, and skin that is pale but has a golden shimmer. She wears a beautiful and expensive robe with a magical essence emanating from it.

She often holds herself with poise and respect, never letting any social weakness show. She's especially keen on appearing as composed, serious, and strong around the nobility.

She takes in her surroundings, flips her hair, and steps forward. "Whatever assistance you need shall be carried out handily. Though, I take that it will be a task worthy of my efforts and not something a lowly mage could handle. I don't need senseless busy work occupying my time."

After everyone is done with their preparations, she will walk into the circle and await for Laerel to continue.

Thought about it, but I'll hold off
Roger.
11+6 = 17
She's being cordial, but seems genuinely concerned.

And (if the rumors are true) as a Chosen of Mystra, this alarms you!

The way she discussed the special status of her 'guest' indicates to you it's someone very important also; she's friends with Elminster and Widow of the late Khelben Blackstaff - this guest must be very special indeed!

She takes in her surroundings, flips her hair, and steps forward. "Whatever assistance you need shall be carried out handily. Though, I take that it will be a task worthy of my efforts and not something a lowly mage could handle. I don't need senseless busy work occupying my time."
Laeral smiles knowingly.

''I assure you, I would never bother one as powerful in the arcane arts as yourself lightly, and with some trivial task. Indeed I fear the situation is so dire, that it may even serve as a worthy test to your unmatched skills in Sorcery.'

'Come, I shall let my guest explain more when we arrive'

She again politely but hurredly gestures towards the active teleportation circle.

Alvin is wearing surprisingly common clothing to such a grand feast, but the Vestments of Lathander draping down his chest are quite the opposite. Golden thread depicts glorious suns rising over the horizon of a plush green landscape. Despite his heritage having a splash of human somewhere in the past, from the width of his shoulders, he's bronzed and sharp of ear from his sun elven side.

Although it's peace knotted, the hilt of a scimitar and an aquamarine dyed sheath hangs at his side. A length of thin silk rope is tied tightly around it and his waist, to guarantee to the guests that it cannot be drawn. A magical bag is tied twice as tightly to the other side of his waist, sloshing quietly now and then.

"Of course! I don't want to speak for anyone else, but you know I'm willing to help out with whatever comes our way. Lead the way."

Nothing formal or honorific in the tone of his voice. Just simple words spoken sincerely. And with that, he follows her to the teleportation circle and whatever lies beyond.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
Asa is a human well into his 70s, an old adventurer who retired for a long time before coming back to deal with the threats that have assailed the land recently. Due to his age, his strength has become quite subpar, and he needs a magic item to maintain the sharpness of his mind, but his reflexes and aim never deteriorated.

He walks into the circle without saying a word.

Asa is a human well into his 70s, an old adventurer who retired for a long time before coming back to deal with the threats that have assailed the land recently. Due to his age, his strength has become quite subpar, and he needs a magic item to maintain the sharpness of his mind, but his reflexes and aim never deteriorated.

He walks into the circle without saying a word.

Im so getting a 'Clint Eastwood in a Western but in his 70's' vibe from Asa :)

Remove ads