D&D 5E Sample adventure to test 5E in high level (15th) play. Any takers?

Mort

Legend
Supporter
''A noble cause indeed'' the Devil states mockingly. ''One befitting that of mighty adventurers'' (his eyes narrow).

Tell me, once this task is complete how do you plan on escaping this accursed prison?

At this stage, I'll allow an Insight check from both the Bard and the Cleric as you are the two main guys interacting with the Archdevil.

You can make the check before you answer his question.
Realizing we have to tread carefully. I think sticking to the truth is mostly best. BUT he has to Believe that killing is is not the preferred option! And the preferred option involves assisting us in our objective.

" Our patron has let us know we have a way off IF we can succeed in our objective. It will be our discretion who comes along."

On a related note, what do I know about Banishment (the spell) working here? Normally, if cast on this being it can send him to his home plane and keep him there.

" Our patron has let us know we have a way off IF we can succeed in our objective. It will be our discretion who comes along."

Make me a Persuasion check at this stage, with advantage due to the Help from the Bard.

On a related note, what do I know about Banishment (the spell) working here? Normally, if cast on this being it can send him to his home plane and keep him there.

Based on your knowledge, there is no way to leave the plane other than Wish or Divine intervention.

Persuasion:

[12, 16] + 15 = 31
The Devil listens intently, clearly impressed by your honeyed words.

He pauses, before speaking:

'Your quest is of no concern of mine, but you must be powerful indeed to have the patronage of one who can allow you to leave this place.

It seems as if we may be able to help each other out
(he pauses and politely smiles, but it discomforts you as much as anything else).

You have... impressed me Bard; and as such I may not only allow you to pass with your lives, but I also offer to aid in your quest in exchange for you guaranteeing my freedom from this place.

To assist you, I offer you two deals. You may accept either, neither or both. The choice is yours. Should you accept neither however, your lives will be forfeit here in this place, and your quest will surely go unfulfilled.

Firstly, I offer the gift of a magical item I have recently come into possession of from some... less worthy than yourself
(he glances at the 4 Zombies nearby). In exchange for this gift, I only ask for a promise from you to take me from this place when you leave. I ask for my freedom (his gaze falls on the Paladin). A small act of mercy and one within your power to grant.

Secondly, I also offer you the greatest gift of all. My
servitude. Should you accept this second deal, you will be able to summon me to aid in your quest at any time. The price for this deal is the trifling price of your soul, to be collected on your death. A small price to pay surely, for such a noble quest as yours. (he smiles again, and you really don't like the look of it this time).

One soul to save the lives of so very many. It would be a noble act indeed to make such a sacrifice for the greater good of the multiverse, and to protect the lives of billions. A sacrifice worthy of the greatest of heroes.

You may discuss the deal among yourselves as you see fit, but I require an answer within 5 minutes
(he waves his hand, and a small hourglass appears from no-where which he sets down on the ground hear the rock on which he sits).

Choose wisely, before I change my mind.

Edit: you mean bard makes the check with advantage from the Paladin, right?

Yep.

Last edited:

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
They've been talking for a bit, so Asa will take the time to take a good look at the fiend and use Know Your Enemy to get an idea of his Armor Class and Current HP.

Zubatcarteira

Now you're infected by the Musical Doodle
About as expected, then.

Figure this is one of the few times that part of the ability may be useful, so if there's enough time before we start talking about his offer, I'd like to use it on the zombie in plate as well, for total class levels and current HP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases