• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[San Diego] [Dragon Earth] The Calamitious 14th Century

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
The year is 1301, England is at peace. King Alfred III has signed treaties of peace and amity with Wales, Scotland, Ireland, and France. Even the brigand Normans have ceased their raiding in favor of peaceful trade. The countryside is quiet and prosperous, while London is growing into a bustling center of trade; not just for the northern world, but for lands as far away as the Roman Empire, the Caliphate of Baghdad, and the Hunnish kingdoms of the Atlantic Coast of North America. Even far Cathay has heard of London and the marvels to be found there.

But trouble is arising far beyond England. Rumors abound of a great Hunnish king who is uniting the nations of North America, Hun and Skraeling alike. His goal to do what the legendary Attila could not, conquer Europe. Closer to home tales come telling of Norse trolls migrating south ahead of a great peril, while the orcs and humans of Finland flee ahead of a great orcish horde raving from beyond the Ural mountains.

Then there are the weekly reports (delivered by crystal ball) from the Crimea about a magic resistent disease of great potency. According to the last report a Genovese ship managed to set sail despite being under guarantine. Despite exhaustive efforts to locate it, it has yet to be found.

After centuries of conflict Western Europe is finally at peace, but that peace is threatened by events near and far away. Coming is a time of heroes, be you one of them?

Contact me at mythusmage@mythusmage.com or phone me at (619) 234-9868.

Rules: 3.5 SRD with some mods. For starting characters to be English, Welsh, Scottish, or Norman. Stray Irish, French, Frisian and Iberian crews okay, but expect odd looks and suspicious treatment by the Londoners.

BTW, this is Dragon Earth London, not Real Earth London. Expect clean, straight streets, public bath houses, and a well maintained sewer system. :D And yes, the Normans lost at Hastings. Repeatedly. (After the fourth time they resorted to piracy and raiding, and with the new century they're giving up on that.)

Kuld

Explorer
Sounds good. Let me know if you find more players. :)

I’ll email you with my contact information shortly.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads