Satanic Panic of the late 80's

So religion is on par with Santa?

I'm saying that the conspiracy imagined by the panicked people was so big that if it really had existed it would just be part of society. In the same way that telling kids that Santa exists is just part of society. It's a widespread campaign to spread disinformation but nobody calls it a conspiracy because nearly all of society is in on it..

MGibster

Legend
I'm saying that the conspiracy imagined by the panicked people was so big that if it really had existed it would just be part of society. In the same way that telling kids that Santa exists is just part of society. It's a widespread campaign to spread disinformation but nobody calls it a conspiracy because nearly all of society is in on it..
You're right of course but this is a common flaw among conspiracy theories like the moon landing, black helicopters, chem trails, and many, many others we really can't mention here without violating board rules regarding politics. You can't have a program involving hundreds or thousands of people and keep it a secret forever.

Jack Chick was a guy who wrote a far-right religious fundamentalist comic back in the day that exemplified the worst of the satanic panic. The basic gist of his work was that everything in modern culture was evil and satanic and that everyone that wasn't fanatically devoted to his specific sub-sub-denomination of Christianity was going to hell.

Ulfgeir

Hero
Jack Chick was a guy who wrote a far-right religious fundamentalist comic back in the day that exemplified the worst of the satanic panic. The basic gist of his work was that everything in modern culture was evil and satanic and that everyone that wasn't fanatically devoted to his specific sub-sub-denomination of Christianity was going to hell.
Basically he was almost as unhinged as the Qanon-groups. I shudder to think of what stuff he would have come up with today.

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Just out of curiosity...

what is the date this went wild?

I took flak in the mid 80s and 2nd edition was what year?

Remove ads