• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Saturday Adult Swim Question

Villano

First Post
Did anyone see Saturday's Adult Swim on Cartoon Network (Jan 4th)?

I usually watch Inuyasha and Yu-Yu Hakusho, but things came up and I forgot about it. At 11 or 11:30 pm, I remembered and turned it on. However, instead of their regular programming, a Gundam Movie, Char's Counterattack (I think that's what it was called) was on.

Now, I think that Yu-Yu airs at around midnight, so that was probably preempted, but was Inuyasha on?

I could stand to miss an episode of Yu-Yu, but I love Inuyasha and would hate to think I missed it. :(

jdavis

First Post
It was a Adult Swim special, all they showed was the movie. Adult Swim is expanding into weekdays soon but I don't know what schedule changes will be made (if any).The movie lasted over 2 and a half hours (with commercials) after it was over they showed a 15 minute Powerpuff girls cartoon, that was the end of adult swim.

Villano

First Post
Thanks!

I'm glad I didn't miss anything (never was a Gundam fan except for G. Gundam which was kind of fun in a silly way). :)

I had no idea about the weekday expansion. I was going to say that I hope that they don't stretch too thin until I remembered that they have alot of leftover shows from Toonami that would fit in Adult Swim like Tenchi and even classic Johny Quest (which I wouldn't mind seeing again).

BTW, I like the Frylocke pic. I love the Moonanites (sp?) episodes.

"I hope they can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can." - Lead Moonanite giving the Aqua Teens the finger.

They crack me up. Attack of the Atari people. :D

Last edited:

jdavis

First Post
They are adding new anime, the only one I can think of off hand is Trigun. I also saw a add for Futurama. I got a feeling they are going to split it with anime and the adult comedy stuff.

I am a big fan of the 15min adult swim comedies (Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Brak, and of course Aqua Teen Hunger Force.)

Remove ads