Savage Pathfinder Savage Pathfinder's Wizard Gets An Update!

Earlier this week, I shared a work-in-progress version the wizard from Pathfinder for Savage Worlds. P.E.G. has kindly send me along an updated version! I'll have a Q&A up here on the site soon.

enwswp1_v2.png

enwswp2_v2.png

What are the changes, I hear you ask? well, PEG heard you ask too, so hear's an annotated version explaining the changes!

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.06.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.07.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.07.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-23 at 12.07.54 AM.png

Last edited:

stadi

Explorer
It's CCTreacherousCorners.

The implications of Wizards getting "all" powers was a rule we felt was going to cause problems in the future. That said, there are ways (currently) for Wizards to get functional access to powers outside of their list. You can also play a Bard, Druid, or use one of the generic arcane backgrounds to get access to healing.

I can always houserule it, and I'm not really thinking in PF / D&D RAW, but in a more generic way. My strongest inspiration comes from The Wheel of Time, and there is basically one kind of magic source (or two if you count the female and male ones as different ones) and they can also heal there.

And my second point is the small party problem. Wizards (or sorcerers) are the "standard" magic users, and in a party of three (fighter, wizard, thief) you need the wizard to heal. But it would be a minimal change for a house rule, so I'm fine with it.

Sir Brennen

Legend
I can always houserule it, and I'm not really thinking in PF / D&D RAW, but in a more generic way. My strongest inspiration comes from The Wheel of Time, and there is basically one kind of magic source (or two if you count the female and male ones as different ones) and they can also heal there.

And my second point is the small party problem. Wizards (or sorcerers) are the "standard" magic users, and in a party of three (fighter, wizard, thief) you need the wizard to heal. But it would be a minimal change for a house rule, so I'm fine with it.
For non-PF fantasy, PEG should have the new SWADE compatible version of the Fantasy Companion out soon. Though, even then, there’s no guarantee a player will select Healing as part of their powers, even if it’s on their list.

In fact, unless there’s some healing ability built in to the Cleric Class Edge in SWPF, you could easily build a Cleric without any healing as well. Because the number of Powers known in SW is more limited than typical d20 games, this is a distinct possibility.

Jumped in to grab it too.
Will get the rise runelords box set when I can adjust next month. Didn't need the trinkets, just the booksets.

Oh, and the core book seems to include all the SW rules as a part of it. Might want to get two of those. One for the gm, and the other to hand about.

Donald Schepis

Developer @ PEG
It sounds like you'll want the Fantasy Companion as well when that comes out this year! Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds has a lot of rules and minor tweaks across the powers that make them match Golarion (like water blocking some powers).

In fact, unless there’s some healing ability built in to the Cleric Class Edge in SWPF, you could easily build a Cleric without any healing as well. Because the number of Powers known in SW is more limited than typical d20 games, this is a distinct possibility.
Clerics start with healing and the Savage Worlds version of Channel Energy gives you some dope ways to use it you folks will get to see later!

Jumped in to grab it too.
Will get the rise runelords box set when I can adjust next month. Didn't need the trinkets, just the booksets.

Oh, and the core book seems to include all the SW rules as a part of it. Might want to get two of those. One for the gm, and the other to hand about.
So long as you back at a print pledge level you can add in the Rise of the Runelords box set in the pledge manager. And the core rules do include all of the appropriate rules from SWADE, though edited and tweaked to better fit Golarion.

Sir Brennen

Legend
It sounds like you'll want the Fantasy Companion as well when that comes out this year! Pathfinder® for Savage Worlds has a lot of rules and minor tweaks across the powers that make them match Golarion (like water blocking some powers).
@Donald Schepis Where you involved with the Fantasy Companion development as well? I believe it was in the Hollerween interview last fall they mentioned there was coordinated work between the FC and SWPF teams.

Also, to my knowledge the only info we have about a release date for the FC was from the Hollerween interview. It was mentioned there that we should see it Q1 this year. Is that still accurate? And will it be actually released then or will there be a Kickstarter? (I'm assuming the former).

Clerics start with healing and the Savage Worlds version of Channel Energy gives you some dope ways to use it you folks will get to see later!
Ha! I knew I could tease out some info on the other classes :devilish:

Last edited:

Donald Schepis

Developer @ PEG
@Donald Schepis Where you involved with the Fantasy Companion development as well? I believe it was in the Hollerween interview last fall they mentioned there was coordinated work between the FC and SWPF teams.
I've looked at the stronghold rules in the FC and a lot of the work I did on updating/creating new powers for Savage Pathfinder is based on the initial design of new modifiers from the Fantasy Companion.

Also, to my knowledge the only info we have about a release date for the FC was from the Hollerween interview. It was mentioned there that we should see it Q1 this year. Is that still accurate? And will it be actually released then or will there be a Kickstarter? (I'm assuming the former).
Every waking moment of my life right now is Savage Pathfinder, so I'm largely ignorant of everything else going on.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases