Savage Tide IC thread

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek looks at the pier with distaste. "Honestly, these cultists can never go with a new decorative style? Always fire and skulls, skulls and fire. Is there no creativity left in the mind of today's demon-worshipers?" the blue-scaled man asks, giggling.

[sblock=OOC]
Is Elistina's Mass Fly spell still active? (She cast it before we started talking with Emraag.)

If it is, I'll fly over the pier. If it isn't, I'll have to walk it. And please roll for me, GM. Fort is +12, Balance +3 (if needed).

By the way, is there any way to target the finned creatures?
[/sblock]

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
[sblock=OOC]yep, mass fly is still active, so you can go over the flames of you want. and you can target the shadows of the creatures if you want with a 20% concealment.[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
"Demon worshipers are not known for their originality. They are known for sacrificing prisoners however. So be on your guard."

The Wizard sated bluntly as she stared at the cave. Her eyes reflected the light around her like pools of mercury, as she approached the entrance alongside the others.

[sblock]Just pointing out she has both Low-Light Vision and Darkvision. How many people are still playing?[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock for today][sblock=Special]Low-Light Vision (Ex)
Darkvision 60 ft. (Ex)
Silence (SLA) 1/day, centered on self, CL1, DC: 12
Abrupt Jaunt (SLA) 3+7/day
Cooperative Metamagic (Su) 3+7/day
Metamagic Effect (Su) 3+7/day (3 remain, magic tattoo lasts 48 hours so 4 for tomorow)
Metamagic Spell Trigger (Su)
Sieze Concentration (Su)
Instant Metamagic (Su)
Ray Deflection (24 hr. recast every day)

Energy Resistance (Fire) - 120 minutes
Fliy - 120 minutes
[/sblock]

Yellow for persisted spells.

0 level: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
1 level: Shield, Mage Armor, Nerveskitter x 2 (Sc), True Strike, Grease x2
2 level: Glitterdust, Web, Cat's Grace, Rope Trick, Baleful Transposition (Sc), Create Magic Tattoo (Sc), Slide, Greater (Sc),
3 level: Phantom Steed x 2 1, Stinking Cloud, Haste, Mage Armor, Greater (Sc), Unluck, Spiderskin (Underdark),
4 level: Ray Deflection (Sc), Resist Energy, Mass (Sc), [Quickened] True Strike, Burning Blood (CAr), Celerity (PHBII)
5 level: [Empowered] Shivering Touch, Teleport, Fire Shield, Mass (Sc), Fly, Mass (Sc), [Split Ray, Empowered] Ray of Enfeeblement
6 level: [Split Ray, Repeat Spell] Ray of Clumsiness, Resistance, Superior (Sc), Freezing Fog, [Split Ray, Empowered] Enervation (+2 cl)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

Darius moves with the others... something will happen soon.

[sblock=ooc]

Still here.

Darius has Darkvision and See Invisible

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
- Draconic Flight
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek rolls his eyes. "Really, wizardess, you must develop a sense of humor one of these days. But hold on a minute while I take care of those things in the water," he says with a smirk. He takes a deep breath and slowly, dramatically, lifts his hand up to the sky. His eyes open sharply with a flash as he slices his hand down, a bolt of lightning stabbing through the air at one of the finned creatures in the water.

[sblock=OOC]
Since I bound Focalor today, I figure I'll use his Lightning Strike ability to get rid of these things. At-will, no recharge. :)

5d6 electricity damage, Reflex DC 22 half damage. My damage roll is attached to the post.
[/sblock]

s@squ@tch

First Post
Derrenil has flown many times before, but dislikes it for how lacking in stealth it is.

She tries to do her best to keep a low profile in the air, hiding slightly being the hulking form of the werebear (wolf?) and dragonscale.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Elistina blushed and made an effort to keep her hands in a steady grip on the Phantom Steed's wild mane. "So this is your... magic." she retorted, while observing the barrage of lightning bolts coming from the Binder. This was too close to demonology for an Incantatrix, but a torrent of magic with no limit apparent was fascinating on it's own. So long as it did not require one's soul or flesh as payment of course.

"These... spirits. How do you access their power? I could find little information in the Order's library on the place where they reside."
The Incantatrix asked with academic curiosity. She omitted the part where she had made sure this magical energy did not come from the lower planes. Her sisterhood had enough enemies as it were.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Sharazek chuckles as he calls down another bolt. "I wouldn't call it magic, per se, not like the spells you or Derrenil cast. More in the sense of dragons or fey being magic." He stretches a little before bringing down another blast, trying to peer into the water with the swift illumination his bolts bring. "As for 'accessing their power', as you put it, it is more of an exchange. Through a ritualistic formula, which anyone can learn, I call up the vestige. And each one is different, with their own stories to tell and a different way you must bargain with each. I'm strong enough to cast aside most of their demands. But the bargain always boils down to the same thing: they get to see and feel again for a day of life, and I get to use special powers they can grant. If I make a good pact with them, keep them from snaring me in a little web, they only experience and do not influence. Again, I'm good enough at this to rarely fall under any vestige's influence.

"And as for your Order's information, I'm not surprised you couldn't learn much. Even the most studious of binders don't learn much. The place the vestiges reside is as much a mystery as how they became vestiges. The only thing I can say for certain about it is this: they are beyond the reach of the gods, but within the reach of mortals. What does it mean? I haven't the foggiest. But I'll make use of it as long as I can,"
the spellscale ends with a slightly sinister smile as he brings forth another arrow of lightning.

[sblock=OOC]
I'm not going to bother rolling a whole bunch of 5d6 sets, just however many it takes to kill the critters off. And if I can get a clearer look at them, I'll use Haures' Phantasmal Killer ability: DC 22 Will disbelief, then DC 22 Fort save or die (3d6 damage on success).
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darius

"Dragons are a good example. But we have all our little perks..." Darius says, breathing at the water. It instantly chills down and and small shards of ice swimming in it.

[sblock=ooc]

Still here.

Darius has Darkvision and See Invisible

Active Invocations:
- See the Unseen
- Endure Exposure
- Draconic Flight
[/sblock]

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Whisper Gnome stood on her mount, the magically conjured beast is eerily silent compared to the noise of clashing lightning and rapidly freezing water. She listened to Sharazek's explanation with utmost curiosity and even took some notes down on a piece of paper.

When it came to her own resources, she believed firmly that they were to be saved unless the situation demanded it. And the situation certainly did not demand her blasting away at the water - if these sharks had at least some form of intelligence they would have retreated from the surface barrage long ago.

"Quite interesting. We should continue this conversation later."
Elistina gathered her composure and turned towards the Drow Priestess. "Derrenil have you prepared Divination spells for today? It would be quite beneficial to know what lies beyond this cave's entrance." Calm and collected - just as a Conjurer had to be.

Remove ads