Savage Worlds: Rocketship Empires 1936

Michael Dean

Explorer
Wow! This may be the thread that pushes me over the edge to buy Rocketship Empires. Question: I have the Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition (the $10). Is that enough to do what you've done with the characters, or is there another supplement that you used to do the character stats?

Thanks!

ragboy

Explorer
For Savage Worlds you absolutely only need the Explorer's Edition.

There are several supplements available. I use the Pulp GM's Guide and the Sci Fi GM's guide quite a bit, but really just to see how the designers of the game build things.

As a player and GM, all you really need to know from the Pulp book is that everyone gets the "Slugger" edge for free. That ensures that you're always "armed," even if you don't have a weapon. In other words, you always have your fists. In the base game, if you fight an armed opponent and you're unarmed, then you take penalties.

Everything else is either standard or me-created... :)

As for Rocketship Empires, it's a system-less book with some guidelines for building starships and other stuff. I just got it for the world and story...and the wicked art. There are three books in the set:
- Core Campaign
- Spain Sourcebook
- Starship Sourcebook

The only bad news is that a Spain adventure module is several months overdue and Ed (designer) has been MIA for at least a month and is MIA off and on. So, I'm not saying it's an unsupported system, but it ain't looking hopeful that there will be regular stuff published.

Either way, the three books were worth it for me, but you could also come up with your own "1930's in Space" campaign without them without too much work...just depends on how much detail you want fed to you.

Michael Dean

Explorer
Thanks, Ragboy. I love pulp and I love space adventures, too, so it seems right up my alley. Good work, and please keep posting any updates to your stuff; I'd really like to check it out.

If you don't mind answering one more set of questions; how did you set everything up on the web page? I would love to use the internet to set up some adventures that would probably only be used by myself, but my web page knowledge is rather slim. Is there some source I could read up on for the basics? Thanks.

ragboy

Explorer
I've done it several different ways, but I found that building web pages only gets in the way of what I want to do, which is actually develop the content. The least intrusive "web page builder" I've found is pbwiki. If you go to their site, they give you free space, an editor (wysiwig or wiki -- I prefer the wiki) and let you do your thing.

There are several similar ones out there. I think even Google has one now.

Michael Dean

Explorer
I've done it several different ways, but I found that building web pages only gets in the way of what I want to do, which is actually develop the content. The least intrusive "web page builder" I've found is pbwiki. If you go to their site, they give you free space, an editor (wysiwig or wiki -- I prefer the wiki) and let you do your thing.

There are several similar ones out there. I think even Google has one now.

Thanks for your help! I just created an account for pbwiki. Now I've just got to learn how to work it.

Remove ads