Scarred Lands: None Dare Call Them Heroes (updated 12/07/03)

jonrog1

First Post
Quick explanations.

The blade challenge is an iajutsiu ... whatever duel from Oriental Adventures. Real anime speed-line feel to Indigo's first round. Adpating the Samurao class for other settings, I think, finally produces the feel of a swordsman rather than just a generic fighter.

Indigo has taken levels in a modified version of 7th Sea's Woman of Will prestige class. Takes a beatiing, keeps on breathing. Would have been a goner if she'd fallen.

The potion reaction is campaign specific.. I wanted the heal skill to have some meaning. It's about as effective as potions, but multiple heal potions start giving you modifiers from pain and nausea.

You don't want to know what Taggart did to the corpse.

And the druid speaks like Mountheim, from the Pulp Spycraft Story Minute.

Welverin

First Post
jonrog1 said:
Indigo squinted at a rune-covered door. Yes, yes, she should wait for the sneaky one to check it, but ... impatient, she opened it.

WHAM.

It was a troll.

It was also undead.

It had hit her with a human leg.

It was amazing how much Indigo noticed, upside-down, in mid-air. The noticing stopped when she hit the wall.

You kick ass, I particularly like the last part.

Richards said:
Yes I do! Now you've got me all curious!

He violated it, and I'm guessing that he violated it in a bad way. My imagination leads no where good and because of that I prefer not to know what he actually did.

Last edited:

fenzer

Librarian, Geologist, and Referee
jonrog1 said:

The potion reaction is campaign specific.. I wanted the heal skill to have some meaning. It's about as effective as potions, but multiple heal potions start giving you modifiers from pain and nausea.

Excellent idea.

John, do you have any of these rules modifications posted at your web site. I really want to take a look at what you have done.

jonrog1

First Post
The website still percolates -- been travelling quite a bit this summer, with a bit more of a workload than I anticipated. I hope we can have something bare-bones up this month.

Trick is, I don't want to put it up without having at least three good articles finished for it, in a very specific format. So we'll see.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
"Go read Jonrog's story hour," they said. "It's really good," they said.

"It can't be THAT good," I thought to myself.

Ahem.

SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE SUBSCRIBE!

Schmackboy

First Post
Taggart's Violation

Here's your clue:

"Tinkle tinkle tinkle."

Just to, you know, dispel some of those other ideas y'all might have. 'Cause, you know, I've got a character's reputation to protect.

Yeah. Right.

How did this first misadventure end up looking like the happy bright sunshiney Smurf adventure in hindsight?

And jonrog1 would find something for Taggart to hate MUCH MORE than Charduni before it's all through.

Damn jonrog1.

Welverin

First Post
Re: Taggart's Violation

Schmackboy said:
Here's your clue:

"Tinkle tinkle tinkle."

Just to, you know, dispel some of those other ideas y'all might have. 'Cause, you know, I've got a character's reputation to protect.

O.k. so it wasn't a Duke Nukem style violation or anything more intimate then. That's good.

Last edited:

Zarthon

Explorer
jonrog1 said:
WHAM.

It was a troll.

It was also undead.

It had hit her with a human leg.

It was amazing how much Indigo noticed, upside-down, in mid-air. The noticing stopped when she hit the wall.

Argent raised his spear. "Blessing of Madriel, light of her heart, drive back this unholy abomination, I COMMAND YOU YIELD!" Energy CRACKLED between Argent and the ten-foot high rubbery beast. A pale, vertical DISK of RUNES flared into visibility. Suddenly, the runes fluttered away, Argent's divine power dissolving beneath the wave of pure evil radiating off the creature. Next thing he knew, he too was tumbling across the stone floor.

Kirby and Alec stepped up. This was going to be --

WHUMPH. CRACKLE CRACKLE. AARAGRRAGAGAGARRGAGGG!

-- rather anticlimactic.

Taggart stepped up to watch the beast writhe and scream, burning on the floor. He put the rest of his oil and flint away. "Hmm. Rather like that. Notice I didn't have to come near it."

That' s just classic :)

Remove ads