Scarred Lands

Psion

Adventurer
JustaPlayer said:
I have to say, when I was reading the Binder class in Tome of Magic, I kept thinking of this setting with it's dead gods and fallen titans.

I was thinking that myself. I think they make more sense in scarred lands than the standard D&D metasetting, and it slots in nicely as a titan-follower without breaking the existing assumptions on divine casters in the setting.

Last edited:

Banshee16

First Post
Don't neglect to check out the www.white-wolf.com website, and go to the Sword and Sorcery section. Their online bookstore has been clearing out Scarred Lands stuff for a while now. I've picked up many books from them at prices ranging from $5 US to $10 US.

It reads like a cool setting, though I haven't run it yet.

Banshee

Banshee16

First Post
JustaPlayer said:
No love for the Player's Guides?

The one for fighters, and the one for wizards, sorcerers, and bards were both quite cool. I really like the flavour they've given to them to contrast wizards and sorcerers against each other.....actually, I like it better than I've seen it done in just about any D20 book, including WotC books.

Banshee

Twowolves

Explorer
Banshee16 said:
The one for fighters, and the one for wizards, sorcerers, and bards were both quite cool. I really like the flavour they've given to them to contrast wizards and sorcerers against each other.....actually, I like it better than I've seen it done in just about any D20 book, including WotC books.

Banshee

The Rangers and Rouges book was very cool too. The Cleric and Druid book, oddly enough given the nature of the God vs Titan setting was kinda disappointing, IMO, as was the Monk and Paladin book. But the Fighter/Barbarian book made playing "just" a fighter a thing of the past. War Colleges=cool!

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Yes I will resssurrect my "Ask the Sage" posting probably tonight.

I liked all the Guides, but I have special love for the "Wizards, Bards and Sorcerers" along with "Rangers and Rogues". But yeah, fighters got some love in Player's Guide to Fighters and Barbarians. I dunno about the rest of you, but Monks and Paladins was pretty decent. I will agree Clerics and Druids wasn't as good as it could have been but still not that shabby.

William Ronald

Explorer
Nightfall said:
So I can't spell Psion. sue me. :p

Shelzar is in Ghelspad, Psion. Only Blood Bayou and Blood Sea have Termana. Well that and Faithful and Forsaken. But I always tell people to pass on that.

Edge of Infinity is Manuel of the Planes for the Scarred Lands. It's helpful if you want to get the planes going.

Do Manuel's friends call him Manny for short, or did you mean Manual? ;)

On a more serious note, Nightfall, what is some of the advice that you could give to someone planning to run a campaign in the Scarred Lands?

Remove ads