Scarred Lands

RisnDevil

First Post
Hey Nightfall (or anyone with serious play time in SL),

What would you do for Epic in the SL? Do you standard Epic progression? Basically, any specific Epic notes?

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Nightfall said:
Grump,

Looks like a Piscean to me.

*likes all this stuff and more.* :)

A really BIG Piscean! :) Someone got a nice, big, drink of the Titan's blood... :]

And then laid eggs...

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
For me an epic level SL game would probably consist of either the Slacerians (with Psionics being different, those larger saves help) or possibly a planar game/return of the titans.

I pretty much use standard Epic except using True rituals more instead of Epic Spellcasting. True it takes longer but it also make the feel of epicness.

Only specific notes I'd say is allow the PCs to use some magical power to either a) change Scarred Lands for the better or b) let them run a small part.

They still would have trouble tangling with the Jack of Tears since he's pretty darn invunerable or darn close. Same for the gods (even though their avatars would probably come into play)

Psion

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
For me an epic level SL game would probably consist of either the Slacerians (with Psionics being different, those larger saves help) or possibly a planar game/return of the titans.

I think some aspects of Asherak or Termana are also loaded with possibilities here.

I pretty much use standard Epic except using True rituals more instead of Epic Spellcasting. True it takes longer but it also make the feel of epicness.

I agree. I think ELH dropped the ball pursuing an epic feel that Relics & Rituals already captured. If you want to extend it into epic levels, I think the thing to do might be to add some epic metamagic feats that let you cast ritual spells easier or craft true rituals, and just just the normal extended spellcasting. Ditch the craptastic epic spellcasting system.

Remove ads