Scheduling for the IRON DM 2021 Tournament!

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
I feel like the Iron DM should be some kind of endurance contest. Like running players through a megadungeon from 1st to 15th level in one gruelling, epic session.

Rune

Once A Fool
I feel like the Iron DM should be some kind of endurance contest. Like running players through a megadungeon from 1st to 15th level in one gruelling, epic session.
I assure you, the IRON DM Tournament is a test of endurance. Among other things. Maybe a little less of that than in the old days (when all the matches were only 24 hours), but it’s still one of the elements.

Wicht

Hero
The contest is named after the cooking show Iron Chef, which featured cooks being given an ingredient that had to be used in their cooking.

There is a seperate contest that has been held at Gen Con where (as I understand it) the DM has to not only craft the adventure, but then run some random players through it.

There is, admittedly, a certain skill in running players through someone else's mega-dungeon, and no doubt the endurance needed to keep grinding through level after level of catacombs and rooms would be fitting for the moniker Iron, but I think that those who make it through the rounds of an Iron DM contest will tell you that the discipline and creativity needed to write each adventure in a given space of time can be grueling.

Seeing as how we need a couple more participants, might I invite you give it a try, and determine for yourself. :)

Remove ads