Scheduling Thread for the IRON DM 2020 Tournament!

I’ve got no commitments over the next few days. Happy to go whenever suits, though I’d prefer to start/finish at a time when I (in AEST) can reasonably be expected to be awake.

Rune

Once A Fool
I’ve got no commitments over the next few days. Happy to go whenever suits, though I’d prefer to start/finish at a time when I (in AEST) can reasonably be expected to be awake.
12 AM EST on the 29th should be 3 PM AEST on the 29th. Does that work? Keep in mind, this will be a 48-hour match.

Rune

Once A Fool
48 hour match? Heresy! o_O

Sure. That works. (y)
Don’t worry. It’ll be plenty tough. Round 2 is where the challenge shifts toward an emphasis on ingredients. I’m betting 1500 words is still going to feel plenty constrained for 7 ingredients. Always has for me.

The 48 hour-limit is really for the judges’ benefit. We want polished entries; they’re easier to read!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Don’t worry. It’ll be plenty tough. Round 2 is where the challenge shifts toward an emphasis on ingredients. I’m betting 1500 words is still going to feel plenty constrained for 7 ingredients. Always has for me.

The 48 hour-limit is really for the judges’ benefit. We want polished entries; they’re easier to read!

How about 3000 words and you get to punch me in the face once? I might take that deal!

FitzTheRuke

Legend
With 48 hours, I would be okay with starting late Friday. I work all day Saturday so I will need as much Sunday as possible. I'd be even happier with a late Saturday start, as I don't work Monday and would actually get most of 48 hours to work on it that way. Due Monday afternoon would suit me perfectly.

The 48 hour limit allows contestants to polish and hone their entries over a longer period of time, to ensure they are refined and perfected.

You know what else the 48-hour limit allows contestants to do? Throw their entire entry out 43 hours into the round, and then write a new one from scratch in one sitting.

Not that I'D ever do anything like that of course... [innocent whistling]

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
The 48 hour limit allows contestants to polish and hone their entries over a longer period of time, to ensure they are refined and perfected.

You know what else the 48-hour limit allows contestants to do? Throw their entire entry out 43 hours into the round, and then write a new one from scratch in one sitting.

Not that I'D ever do anything like that of course... [innocent whistling]
I did that with a 24 hour limit once! I don't recommend it, but can understand it.

All the 48 hour time did for me allow for more procrastination, but I also have not been feeling well last two days, so having more time felt like a blessing.

Good luck, humble minion!

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I usually do the opposite: write it in the first 4-5 hours, then agonize, fiddle, and re-organize for 43 hours until I can't wait for it to just be over. Then I hit post and notice 5 things I screwed up as soon as it's too late...

Advertisement2

Advertisement4