Scheduling Thread for the IRON DM 2020 Tournament!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
as soon in the morning (that would be midnight for you :) ) as you can manage - I have a session to run in the evening.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Living on the West coast, when I say "Saturday" and I'm not talking about the morning, that seems to turn into "Sunday" for the rest of the world.

I work very hard on Saturdays, but I'm free after 6pm PST (so we are talking Sunday at 3am for Neurotic, and not Saturday at all, if I understand how time-math works). So that might not work out. Though I would be willing to lose a few hours at the beginning to make it, say, 11pm Saturday Night for Neurotic (5pm for Wicht, 2pm for me, I believe).

I wouldn't even get to look at it for the first four or five hours of my time allotment, but then I'd have the evening to think about it, and I could work solidly Sunday morning. Neurotic would have time to take a look at it before bed, and as much time Sunday as he needs.

Though that would only realistically give me about four hours to actually write it in (though quite a bit more for head-writing). I've never done it before, so warn me if that seems impossible.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Though that would only realistically give me about four hours to actually write it in (though quite a bit more for head-writing). I've never done it before, so warn me if that seems impossible.
I don't know if it helps (or how used to you to writing to deadline), but for the entry I just did, I looked at the ingredients when they were posted at midnight, wrote them down and took some notes about possibilities for about 30 minutes and then went to bed. The next day I looked at the ingredients again and my notes, jotted down one more thing, and then spent the rest of the morning shoveling snow and other home chores. Around 2 pm I sat down to write a full draft. At 4 pm, I walked the dog, and at 5pm I went back to hacking at it. Interrupted for dinner and other stuff I had to do, I finally got a 750 word version around 8. Watched some TV with my wife, and then gave it a once more quick over before posting it just before 10 pm.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm fine if things come st 5am Sunday for me. It will be 8pm for Fitz so we bot lose some time, but not too much.

Fitz gets Saturday when he needs it, i get Sunday

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I don't know if it helps (or how used to you to writing to deadline), but for the entry I just did, I looked at the ingredients when they were posted at midnight, wrote them down and took some notes about possibilities for about 30 minutes and then went to bed. The next day I looked at the ingredients again and my notes, jotted down one more thing, and then spent the rest of the morning shoveling snow and other home chores. Around 2 pm I sat down to write a full draft. At 4 pm, I walked the dog, and at 5pm I went back to hacking at it. Interrupted for dinner and other stuff I had to do, I finally got a 750 word version around 8. Watched some TV with my wife, and then gave it a once more quick over before posting it just before 10 pm.
That sounds about how I expect it to go. Thanks for the example!
I'm fine if things come st 5am Sunday for me. It will be 8pm for Fitz so we bot lose some time, but not too much.

Fitz gets Saturday when he needs it, i get Sunday
That sounds good to me. Makes it 11pm Saturday for @Wicht , I believe. Does that work?

Remove ads