• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sci Fi Channel] "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?"

Villano

First Post
trancejeremy said:
I think from a viewer's point of view (or readers), Major Victory would have been the best winner, because he's entertaining. He says funny things, and he's always amusing. Fat Momma and Feedback are perhaps better super-heroes, but are boring. Feedback is sort of a dork and Fat Momma is too nice.

I'd most want to see a Major Victory movie over Feedback or Fat Momma. As you said, Feedback seems kind of boring. And, Fat Momma, well, it's funny that they ditched MV for his comedy, but it would be hard to do a story of a fat woman who eats donuts and have it be serious. She's basically a comedy character in and of herself.

If Fat Momma wins, it's going to be a disaster. Who's going to watch a superhero movie starring a woman who, to be honest, isn't going to be very mobile? Don't look for much action in that film (Fight scenes? No. Running? No. Jumping? No). A comic book can get around these things, but not a movie.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Nobody said it was a LIVE ACTION movie. IT could be an animated movie with her doing the VO :p

Either way I think Stan's choice was retarded. Her Ideals may be that of a hero but she's all talk. She's not a frontline hero, she's one of those backpage Marvel types that never gets their own comic (Kinda like the Blob as a villian in Xmen).

She'd make a decent footnote in a comic universe but a terrible main character.

MV and Feedback were the two best choices because their hearts were truly in the roles of their heroes and they LOOK heroic!

The producers are morons.

D.Shaffer

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:
Either way I think Stan's choice was retarded. Her Ideals may be that of a hero but she's all talk. She's not a frontline hero, she's one of those backpage Marvel types that never gets their own comic (Kinda like the Blob as a villian in Xmen).
Big Bertha anyone? :D

DonTadow

First Post
This seems like one of those reality moments where the producers stepped in to make the show more dramtic. It's obvious that fat mama should have been gone or on athe choping block a few times, but because she's the weakest link visually they keep her on for "drama". Her whole lesson seems to be about getting a heart attack at 45?

Felon

First Post
Well, on the one hand I can agree with Stan that Major Victory went overboard and wound up seeming more like a campy parody of a superhero than an actual one.

On the other hand, Stan certainly sent some mixed signals with his initial cast selection. How could characters like Cell Phone Girl and Fat Momma wind up as anything but goofy caricatures?

Bah. I've been let down since Monkey Woman got kicked. Checked out her website and listened to some her vocal clips. She's got a pretty amazing operatic voice.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I finally saw this, and I was crying like a baby (heh, not really, but I got choked up a bit). All 3 of them are just so nice. Almost disgustingly nice.

There should be a "Who wants to be a Supervillain?" so you don't feel terrible when they get kicked off.

Kesh

First Post
Y'know, i wanted to hate this show. My boyfriend turned it on one day to torment me.

After two minutes, we were hooked. We watched three episodes, including the new one where Major Victory was eliminated. This show should not be that much fun (and yes, Fat Momma should have been the one to go home, especially after that scavenger hunt fiasco).

I'll miss Major Victory, he was my favorite, and I would have loved to see him win it all.

Maybe he'll make a cameo or supporting appearance in the final movie, we don't know.

Yeah, he was almost a campy parody of a superhero, it seemed sometimes like he borrowed a little from the Adam West school of superheroism, but it was so dang fun to watch.

Remove ads