• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sci Fi Channel] "Who Wants To Be A Superhero?"

ken-ichi

First Post
From the previews clips I can't tell if it would be amusing to watch or gouge your eyes out to try and stop the pain God-awful to watch.
I have Tivoed it and will give it a try, just because I can't get my Mutants and Masterminds fix.

Wycen

Explorer
I watched it, cringing the whole time. I think I know why fans voted Lemuria on. And the Iron Defender dude should have been the guy voted off. He had already been dinged once and the little girl was twice. But whatever.

I can't see a serious comic for over half of the people dressed up in costumes.

Richards

Legend
True, but Nitro G (the guy who got removed instead of the Iron Enforcer) screwed up twice in the same encounter: he not only ignored the girl's pleas for help (like about half of the contestants did), but he also changed into his costume in plain sight, deliberately ignoring Stan's instructions. I called Nitro G being given the boot (between the 3 on the red platforms), but I don't think Iron Enforcer will be too far behind him.

And I agree: not many of these "superheroes" are worth a comic book, let alone a SciFi network movie. Also, it doesn't look like Lemuria's the only woman that decided to try the "show some skin and win" strategy. (Thankfully, Fat Momma opted not to go down that particular path.)

All in all, it's a pretty cheesy show, but I still kind of like it. I guess I'm just a diehard Stan "The Man" fan.

Johnathan

Last edited:

Goodsport

Explorer
Richards said:
All in all, it's a pretty cheesy show, but I still kind of like it. I guess I'm just a diehard Stan "The Man" fan.

The show does seem to have a bit of a bit of a corny charm to it. :)

I'll certainly watch the next episode.

-G

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
ken-ichi said:
From the previews clips I can't tell if it would be amusing to watch or gouge your eyes out to try and stop the pain God-awful to watch.

Heh - the first thing I thought of after watching this tripe last night was, "Man, I wish I could gouge my eyes out with a spoon right about now". :)

Thankfully SciFi bounced back up from the canvas with Darkplace and Amazing Screw-on Head afterwards!

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Me and my roommate loved it. It was hilarious. I love corny crap like this.

Someone needs to tell Iron Enforcer to put on a damned shirt. Lemuria and the Monkey chick are both pretty hot, but Creature looks and acts like a moron.

One of the funniest ones IMO is Major Victory, with his little poses and winks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads