• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scimitar Dance:is it better to miss?

Norhg

First Post
s-dub said:
yes but what is that dragon doing during those 6 rounds? Probably mowing your party down =P
The only way for this party to win is if the character(s) multiclass into Wizard and grabs Stoneskin, managing to keep it up for the fight, and come equipped with a megaton of high-end potions. On the other hand, victory without casualties is practically guaranteed then

Last edited:

Cadfan

First Post
Norhg said:
The only way for this party to win is if the character(s) multiclass into Wizard and grabs Stoneskin, managing to keep it up for the fight, and come equipped with a megaton of high-end potions. On the other hand, victory without casualties is practically guaranteed then
Dragons fly. Rangers don't.

-Avalon-

First Post
yes...

Imagine, after the group of 6 rangers slaughter the hive of elder red dragons (not sure why there is a hive but...)

They are taken out by 4-8 carefully placed minions, due to the fact that the rangers have made sure not to gain use of ANY magical weapons or feats, to ensure that they miss as much as possible, doing the max damage !! Woot!

Somehow I see this is ONLY a theory and will never be done in a real game.

Norhg

First Post
Yeah, the 5 ranger situations isn't quite believable.
Can't imagine anyone would consider it "fun" to play a team of carbon-copies.

I used the example to illustrate that: building for certain damage can be quite effectual. Afterall, some damage >> no damage.

That the Ranger can achieve excellent guaranteed damage just by focusing on dex is a plus in my book.

He doesn't really sacrifice anything, as dex and strength progress at the same rate.

Another ranger might go for wisdom instead with another paragon path (Pit fighter is great for the Wisdom ranger, and pretty much on par with the dexterity route as far as damage capabilities goes).

Destil

Explorer
Scimitar dance + Stormwarden. You'll be dealing 4xDex auto-damage a turn if you have two or more opponents, and unlike Scimitar Dance Twin-Blade Storm zaps minions good.

Victim

First Post
How are you dealing 4x Dex? Trying to figure out what I am missing...

Bladestorm deals DEX to an adjacent enemy at the end of your turn. Twin Blade Storm deals DEX in lightning to 2 adjacent enemies at the end of your turn. And then you can miss twice with Twin Strike, dealing 2x DEX from Scimitar Dance. So that's 4x Dex to one guy, and then Dex again to someone else. Potentially.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads