D&D 5E Scooping morrus on the site

Mika

First Post
Maybe we should just wait until Morrus gets back from his vacation and see what he says to clarify his Tweets from GenCon? I am sure he will have something to say a day or two after he gets back.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Knowing that you can't reveal your sources, I think claims like this might bear more weight if say, you were able to indicate a little more about said source.

Said source is a long-time industry veteran who works for a 3rd party company.

All I can do is confirm that the rumor is out there. I don't know the validity of it. The tone of the new product seminar suggests that 5e is not in the works, but one never knows.

All I can do is confirm that the rumor is out there. I don't know the validity of it. The tone of the new product seminar suggests that 5e is not in the works, but one never knows.

A long-time industry veteran who works for a 3rd party company sounds like somebody who could get caught up in the same hysteria that regular forum posters can be subject to.

Riastlin

First Post
Maybe we should just wait until Morrus gets back from his vacation and see what he says to clarify his Tweets from GenCon? I am sure he will have something to say a day or two after he gets back.

You take your logic and get outta here! If we followed your advice we couldn't get all worked up in a frenzy now could we??

:)

Nyronus

First Post
A long-time industry veteran who works for a 3rd party company sounds like somebody who could get caught up in the same hysteria that regular forum posters can be subject to.

A long-time industry vet who may or may not also have ulterior motives. Of course that could be paranoia talking. I mean , after all, no one in the industry has ever tried to, or had anything to gain off of trying to stab Wizards in the kidney when they thought they where down. Its not like there are other companies out there who made their latest big break by feeding nerdrage and fanboy antagonism.

No one at all out there would have anything to gain by trying to shake the trust WotC's customers have in it, particularly when the trust is already tenuous. Not that I would suggest this spree of '4e is teh daeds!' is some sort of vast conspiracy conjured up by WotC's competitors. No, I've seen enough of WotC's so called fans and bottom feeders to see that that can develop just fine on its own. But, the fact that out of the three big "insider sources" we've had claiming the death of fourth edition in the last few weeks, two are unknown, one of those most certainly doesn't work for WotC and the other works for Paizo makes me wonder if someone isn't chumming the water to draw the sharks. Hell, it might not even be a deliberate attempt at sabotage, it could just be confirmation bias at work. Either way, I don't think these sources would pass the scurtiny of a Grad Student's English 101 class standards. I could also trot out my arguments as to why it would be near impossible for them to have 5th Edition ready for release before LATE 2013, at BEST, and why even if they did rush it out then, it would be a suicidally stupid idea. Particularly if they were deceitful about it at all, which they would have to be at this point. But I've made those points before, and I have a feeling I've reached everyone who will listen to them already. Those who won't will continue to do as they have done, regardless of how many holes are put in their arguements.

Jack99

Adventurer

Most long-time industry veterans who work for 3rd party companies work or are involved in Pathfinder, no?

In that case, enough said....

Then

First Post
Is WotC working on 5e? Being a game company kinda makes that a sure bet. It's what they do. Where is the process currently? Who knows.

GreyLord

Legend

Thanks, I think I just verified who your source was with that statement.

Remove ads