• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Scotley

Hero
Round 2 Summary

Initiative Order
Malkyr Tsul 21
Tabitha 21
Wilhelm 19
Alejandro (Ali) Arroyo 18
Manous Artouche 9
Vivienne 9
Lucien 8
Spiders 6

Even as one of the spiders leapt at Lucien, Vivienne fired- the expected 'crack' of a pistol shot replaced by a sharp sizzling sound as a bolt of lightning arced into the beast. Smaller flickers filled the air around Lucien for a moment- foes would be hard pressed to land a solid blow...

Seeing an opening, Malkyr quickly fires another bolt with deadly precision. The big spider quivers all over from the painfully accurate shot.
Tabitha runs forward towards Lucien and his gigantic spider!

"Don't worry," she calls, "I've got your back!"

Crossbow bolts and hurled swords crisscross past her and sock into its body, and she leaps into the air, sword held high coming down on the chittering thing like a thunderbolt hurled from heaven!

Seeing his colleague beleaguered, the old man takes a shot at the spider menacing Lucien. His aim is steady as always and while the bullet does relatively little damage it still causes the spider to topple off all eight legs.
Ali advances towards the nearest spider (facing Lucien), hurling his sword at it. The blade slices through a leg and returns to Ali's hand. The spider is now prone and bloodied.
"Lovely," thinks Manous as he grimaces fiercely and launches himself at his new, improved arachnid foe (#4). Maintaining his defensive posture with his mighty Warhammer held at the ready, he grasps the holy symbol around his neck with his off-hand and calls upon the powers of his virtuous heart to send ribbons of searing radiance to leap from his holy symbol and engulf the new, larger foe. The divine might of the attack leaves the massive spider dazed and bloodied.

Vivienne moved forward a few paces, until she had a clear shot- then she fired, once more unleashing a bolt of lightning from her pistol, this time at one of the other spiders. The slight whiff of ozone from the bolt was enough to sharpen the senses of her nearby allies- it was the scent, some said, of victory...
Swearing loudly, Lucien rolls to his feet.

Then, he straightens himself in the face of the Deathjump spider, and sends his blades darting in at the foul vermin! One of the blows lands sending a gout of ichor flying over the cliff edge.

The vermin are having a bad time of it with one dead, two bloodied, one dazed and two knocked down, but the continue the fray as best they can.

The big dazed spider lunges at Manous again and once more his armor turns the fangs.

One of the downed spiders scrabbles to its feet and leaps high into the air, coming down almost on top of Ali. Ali feels the fangs sink into his chest and a chilling nauseating sensation ripples though his body as poison pours into him (5 damage and ongoing 5 poison damage/save ends) he is knocked over prone by the force of the spider's attack.

The beleaguered spider facing Lucien struggles up, but can't manage to make and effective attack after the pounding it just took.

OOC: Round 3 actions for everyone please! Spiders 3 and 4 are badly wounded.

Attachments

• Road R2x.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

Malkyr carefully watches the situation, making sure his next bolt hits where his help is needed most...

[sblock=OOC]
I would like to have this action resolved after Manous action. If the spider is dead by then, I will change my action to attack spider 2

Standard: RBA vs Spider 4

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Precision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 1/1

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

Gripping his +1 Frost Warhammer securely in his large hands, Manous smites at the big spider that seems intent on breaking its fangs against his Black Iron Plate Armor.

OOC: Ooops, been playing too much Pathfinder lately! I used Str instead of Cha for this attack and damage, which is made with Manous's At-Will Enfeebling Strike. So the Att is 18 and the Dam is 6. If the attack hits, then the spider takes a -2 penalty to its attacks until the end of Manous's next turn [ENT].

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ali rd 3 HP 37/47 AC 23 F 16 R 19 W 16

OOC: Since Tabitha goes first, I may have to modify this action.

Knocked prone by the spider's jumping attack, Ali lithely stands up before baiting his opponent into the square between Ali and Tabitha.

OOC: What was the damage total for Ali from last round? just 5 from poison at the start of this turn?

[sblock=attack]
spider at I17 still marked with aegis of shielding
Ali stands as a minor action using his acrobat boots
Luring Strike spider#2 into G18
Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6
[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
ongoing poison/5 until save
Alejandro Arroyo Shielding Swordmage 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 42/47 (+0 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 0 temp hp)
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 14, Dex. 14, Con. 14, Int. 20, Wis. 10, Cha. 8 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Nearly lost in the forest of black, hairy spider legs that surround her, Tabitha somersaults into a forward spring, dodging between those chitinous extremities just in time to avoid the spider's sudden whirl to bite at her. Then Lucien moves as if to attack, forcing it to turn its back on Tabitha.

Without missing a beat, Tabitha tucked and rolled right up to the pulsating spinnerets at the tip of the great spider's abdomen. Then with motions too quick to easily tell apart, she thrust her dagger up at its underside, pushing one of the plates of armor up and out just a little...

Then she drove her rapier up and buried it deep inside the soft, goopy tissue underneath that armor!

(Move - Use Escape Trick to Shift north 2sq to H16, flanking with Lucien. Then make basic attack on Spider 3 with the Backstab Encounter power. For +3 to hit, +5 with combat advantage, and +1d6 damage.)

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Hey [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] is the old man still with us? I think if you get in another good shot I can do a partial summary and maybe Vivian and Lucien can end this fight...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads