Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Scotley -- Metagaming?? Ok, well then it was IN-CHARACTER METAGAMING! :p Because that's what Manous was thinking. He doesn't like to go to bed without doing all the healing that he can do in a day. Makes him feel selfish and cheap! And one more question, Scotley -- Manous has the Virtuous Recovery feat which gives him Resist All when he spends a healing surge. Does this apply to the recipient of his Lay on Hands ability? :D

GM:
OOC: In Characters Metagaming huh? Well, I was just planning to do a little wandering monster rolling In Character as your Rat Bastard DM. ;)

I see nothing in the power or feat description to suggest that the recipient will gain the Resist All benefit in addition to the healing you grant. However, I believe you could make an argument for Manous to gain the Resist All benefit as he is spending a healing surge and that is the trigger for the power. The feat states clearly that 'you' gain the benefit with no language to suggest any transference. Of course such a ruling does cast doubt on my previous statement, so I'll have to be extra vicious to make up for it...

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha spends a few minutes looking for a suitable trophy as the others square away healing and so on. It doesn't take long to realize that the spiders are entirely covered with nasty resins and foul mucosa...hopelessly besmirching anything she might take as a trophy. So she turns her attention to the woods the hulking arachnids came from. Perhaps they had a nest? And perhaps they dragged the bodies of their victims there? And there they still lay, with their valuables stuck to them by strands of slowly disintegrating webbing.

"Spiders don't go far to hunt," she murmured as she climbed the embankment of the road to get a better look. "It can't be far."

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

"I can do it. I'm neither particularly afraid of spiders, nor disgusted."

[sblock=OOC]

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.5
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Precision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 1/1

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paladin 4

Neither am I frightened nor disgusted, Friend Malkyr," says Manous as he straightens and smooths his cravat and dusts off his coat. "But I will nevertheless allow you to have the glory of entering the nest first."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Tabitha shrugs. "Well, I was going to, but if you want to get all sticky and goopy, who am I to stand in your way? Just look out for babies. Wouldn't be surprised if they had eggs in there. Spiders that big...babies must be bigger than my hands."

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Now that you mention it. I never saw where you rolled a save for the ongoing poison damage. Lucien took nine from the hit as well as 5 poison damage and then another 5 for every round with a failed save. Just a straight up d20 roll normally.

And how many rounds has it been? And I assume a "1" doesn't cut it, despite having a 19 FORT?

Leif

Adventurer
OOC 4E Defenses

OOC: And how many rounds has it been? And I assume a "1" doesn't cut it, despite having a 19 FORT?
OOC: 19 FORT only affects Lucien's likelihood of being damaged by an attack of that nature. Once he is affected and takes ongoing damage from that attack, FORT has nothing to do with how long the damaging effects lasts. Sorry.

Scotley

Hero
And how many rounds has it been? And I assume a "1" doesn't cut it, despite having a 19 FORT?

GM: Saves in 4e are basically a coin toss. Typically no modifier. Here's what the PH says:

[sblock=Saves]
SAVING THROWS
✦ End of Turn: At the end of your turn, you make a
saving throw against each effect on you that a save
can end. Roll a d20, with one of the following results:
Lower than 10: Failure. The effect continues.
10 or higher: Success. The effect ends.
✦ Choose Order: Whenever you make a saving throw,
you choose which effect to roll against first, which
effect to roll against second, and so on.
✦ Modifiers: A saving throw normally doesn’t include
modifiers; it’s just a d20 roll. Some powers, feats, or
racial traits might modify a saving throw.
[/sblock]

The defenses in 4e have largely replaced the saving throw as we grognards knew it in the older editions. The 4e save is typically a roll to end an effect you are subject to. You need to make up to two more rolls to end the poison damage. The damage comes before the roll.

Remove ads