• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Sealed Lands] The City of Taleas

Kalanyr

Explorer
The guard looks you up and down carefully, as he tends to the hare he is cooking.

"I am not truly at liberty to say, but I owe you much, if you give me your word that what I say will not leave your lips save with my permission, I shall answer the question as best I can."

Festy_Dog

First Post
"If ye need discretion, the word of a dwarf is more solid than a dwarf itself. Ye'll have no trouble from me," Argus says, assuming the guard to be of the noble and honourable type.

ferretguy

First Post
Of course you have my word...besides where we're going chances are I won't be meeting anyone that would question me on where you'd beenAerick states as he inhales deeply the steam from the cooked konnie.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The guard leads Argus and Aerick a way from the others who have not agreed to his terms. And after spending a minute or so sizing them up he speaks.

"What I say now must not leave you, it could be incredibly damaging to my family. I am Garen Vaneran. The son of Duke Tharen Vaneran, which makes me heir to the most powerful noble house in the kingdom. A secret that has been passed down our house for generations, since before the Sealing, is that our house carries the blessing of the spirits, however this blessing is accompanied by the blood of the spirits, we Vaneran are lucky but it makes us vulnerable to the magic of those from who we pacted with more than a millenia ago, the last I remember was seeing the goblin sneak into my bedchamber,and cast a spell, and I felt my blood answer. Now you can see why this secret cannot leave you, it could do incredible damage to the reputation for honour and fairness that we have earned since the Sealing. "

He stares at Aerick for a while as if debating whether or not to say something further.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Argus nods, a grave look on his face.

"Aye lad, I can keep a secret, tis an important one too. Ye've nothing tae worry aboot," he says.

Inez Hull

First Post
"What then are the thoughts of your family on the breaking of the seal, for that matter what do you know of it? I must advise you that our company lies under the aegis of Aeter and how we will act may not be in accordance with your wishes. However Aeter respects legitimate authority within the realm. Rest assured that his will will be carried out."

ferretguy

First Post
Like I have said, Lord, your families secret is safe with me. Aerick thinks for a moment Would there be reprecusions to your family if this seal is broken?

Serpenteye

First Post
Dekiran also gave his word (ooc: sorry about the wait), but when he hears the secret his mind recoils in dread-mixed disgust. The thought that the most powerful noble house in the kingdom could fall under complete domination of a single goblin with the casting of a few minor spells... It could not be allowed to happen, under any circumstance. Humanity itself was in danger, and if they broke the seal now, while the House still held it's prominent position the consequences could be devastating.
He glances at the others. Don't they realise the obvious danger? The Dwarf held no loyalties to the kingdoms of man, but surely he had no love for goblins? The priest kept spewing his rediculous claims, and he tended to oppose Dekiran out of reflexive spite, but surely even he would see the threat to the interests of his god... The others would comprehend, eventually, once he explained it to them. It would be a greater crime to keep the secret than to break one's word.

"This is dire news indeed," Dekrian speaks finally, "and it precipitates a change of direction for our quest. Other matters must wait. We must bring Sir Garen home to his family immediately. They must be informed of the threat to their selves, and the threat the goblins could pose to the kingdom if they gained domination over the family. Our first and foremost loyalty must be to the cause of Humanity."
Sir Garen, you understand the seriousness of the situation? Do you believe your family will be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to protect themselves and the kingdom?"
Or are they already enspelled by the goblins? The King may have to be informed. This could be the beginning of a war.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads