Sean Reynolds rant about terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon Magalis

First Post
A gaming buddy of mine always uses the term "Ogress" and I have to say that it is a bit creepy. Anyhow, Sean K. wrote what he did for exactly this sort of reaction. If you worked at a place with the turnover rate that WOTC has, what would YOU do to ensure that you remain the most talked about employee there. I doubt anyone can name another game designer (with the exception of Gygax up on his soapbox) who generated (or generates) these sorts of controversies. Sure he comes off like a jerk, but he is a smart jerk. Oh, and I talked to an Orc once and he claimed that the word "Orc" itself is incorrect and that we should really call them "Smidgens"... that is if you care about doing things CORRECTLY.:rolleyes:

Ristamar

Adventurer
Simon Magalis said:
I doubt anyone can name another game designer (with the exception of Gygax up on his soapbox) who generated (or generates) these sorts of controversies.

Oh, c'mon, that's WAY too easy. You obviously don't hang out in the Rules forum enough, watching people rant about how The Sage, Skip Williams, is on crack. ;)

Or if one is simply searching for d20 controversy, in general, look no farther than John Wick... of couse, that's controversy of a totally different color.

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
Ristamar said:

Or if one is simply searching for d20 controversy, in general, look no farther than John Wick... of couse, that's controversy of a totally different color.

The Wick orders you to be quiet!

Berandor :)

Someguy

First Post
hmm...I go to bed lst night, this a big flamefest filled wiht insults, well, those flames were actually baking cookies, and when i woke up, COOKIES!

YAY

Aaron2

Explorer
blah, blah, blah

I use Sorceress, Druidess, and, my favorite, Enchantress.

Gnomes don't speak Gnome, they speak Lesser Dwarvish.

Coke is the generic term for any carbonated beverage.

Soda is for soda-water only.

Pop is what you do to your dog when he's bad.

Biscuits are eaten with gravy and only for breakfast (unless eating fried chicken).

There, that settles it.

Aaron

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Wolfspider said:

How so? Does it encourage game module writers to do the same?

MUST! HAVE! COFFEE! :eek:

Umm. In the very next paragraph of my comment I explain this? Didn't you get that far? I'd definitely get the coffee (or some sleep ;) if I were you!)

Cheers

Wolfspider

Explorer
Umm. In the very next paragraph of my comment I explain this? Didn't you get that far? I'd definitely get the coffee

Sorry about that! :eek:

I could've sworn that that part wasn't there when I read it this morning. LOL! I guess it really was too early for coherent thought....

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Necromancer Games

I wonder what analboy thinks of Necromancers modules? I bought Devils & Demons (or is it Demons & Devils?) and they use a lot of 1E terminology for the demons. They use the Type V to describe one demon, they do list the current name in () though. I bet he hates them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads