DDAL Season 10 information very little at the moment

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
The rule that allows characters to be Lawful Evil if they are members of the Zhentarim or Lords' Alliance has been dropped, suggesting that evil characters are no longer legal in AL.

Also, the 'Creating a Character' section specifically states that you create a new level 1 character "for use in this season" (p.2), and that you cannot play adventures outside the current season content until you reach tier 2, at which point you are forbidden from returning to season 10 content (p.4), "Breaking from Seasonal Play").

I'm looking at the v10.0 document available directly from the WotC site, so if the version on the DMs Guild is a later version, some or all of the above may have already changed.

--
Pauper

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
Maybe a lot of the AL-relevant SCAG stuff that wasn't already reprinted in Xanathar's or Mordy's will be re-printed in Tasha's?

That would be:

Feral Tieflings (already kind of obsolete due to the options in Mordy's)
Variant half-elves
Barbarian - Battlerager, Totem Warrior
Cleric - Arcana Domain
Fighter - Purple Dragon Knight
Monk - Long Death
Paladin - Oath of the Crown
Warlock - Undying Patron
Wizard - Bladesinger (confirmed in Tasha's)
Booming Blade
Green Flame Blade
Lightning Lure
Sword Burst

I'd guess Arcana clerics and the SCAG spells are in Tasha's, in addition to Bladesingers and probably the barbarian sub-classes. I doubt many people would miss most of the rest of that SCAG stuff, except I do hope they put variant half-elves in as those can be quite good.
Sure, but there are lots and lots of people who own SCAG. An infinite amount more than own Tasha's at this point.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Were all of the monster PC races from Volo's previously legal? Because it looks like Bugbears, Goblins, Kenku, Lizardfolk, Orcs, Tritons, and Yuan-ti Purebloods are all out now.

I caught the race restrictions when they did the season 10-00 preview adventures. My brother had been all set to play a goblin, but now has to come up with something else. Oddly, kobolds still appear to be kosher.

I'm not a big fan of the season-locking, but really, by the time season 10 ends, my character will likely have hit tier 2 anyway. The 1 adventure = 1 level moves things pretty quickly.

jasper

Rotten DM
Some conflict in the players guide. page 2 says Any Alignment but Evil. Renown page 6 mention the Zhentarim. So you used have be LE to be Zhent, now it looks open. Or this maybe updated later.

jasper

Rotten DM
Were all of the monster PC races from Volo's previously legal? Because it looks like Bugbears, Goblins, Kenku, Lizardfolk, Orcs, Tritons, and Yuan-ti Purebloods are all out now.
Yes. Volos Chapter 2 were legal. With the change of the required alignment.

jasper

Rotten DM
My quick look at the PG10v1 is the just dropped Icewind Dale as a legal +1. Still can't be evil page 2 alignment paragraph.
Faq No free rebuild, free cold weather gear (RATS I was going make my players sweat for a moment.) DMs rewards are still under Season 9 rules until sometime in october. Yea. I have some many dm points I can give my Cook PC something special."

Remove ads