• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Kalidrev]
I made a huge mistake on the last attack. I thought that Gurdan had only 7 hp left. Yes, I know that the bloodied sign was shown on the others. However, based on other adventures my characters have been in, there have been times when the DM has accidently left the Bloodied mark on the update.

Had I known that Grryth really only had 16 hp left I would have used the inspiring word on him and made an attack near him on one of the mobs around there. Kalidrev, can I keep the same rolls, but alter my attack and healing to different foes and friends.

+ Grryth (18): 42/58 damage; Bloodied; Marked by FG 5
+ Garrick (17): 12/45 damage; Marked by FG 1
+ Lo-Kag (15):
+ Alexia (14): 35/48 damage; Bloodied; Ongoing 5 (save ends); Marked by FG 7
+ Riel (8):
+ Gurdan (6): 7/64 damage

[/sblock]

ooc: Revised attack: with the ok from Kalidrev of course.

Lo-kag shouts towards Grryth "Keep it up Grryth you big old beast!" He then locates a foe next to Grryth, run towards it, thrusting his sword forward with the target being the forged guardsman.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to L5
minor: inspiring word on Grryth: Grryth gets to spend a healing surge and gets an additional 1d6+3 = 5 hp.
attack: basic attack on FG6 at m5: 1d20+11 vs AC =17 (no +1 for charge), if it hits 1d8+6= 14

(all rolls can be found on the previous attack post)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC-Grryths Turn]
I'm going to wait to take Grryths turn until Kalidrev clarifies things with Dimsdale and posts and updated map - I'm a but lost as to where everyone is now and what has happened and what has not.....
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Holy Vampress!!] Wow, Alexia... you just totally messed me all up! Good job![/sblock]

[sblock=Lo-Kag] Absolutely no problem, Dims! I'll use your revised targets for attack/healing when I make my update! [/sblock]

[sblock=Congratulations! It's a...]

So, normally I would have been at work and given you guys an update after that sick set of actions by Alexia, but I had to take the day off from work to take my pregnant wife to her doctors appointment where I was supposed to learn if my unborn baby is a boy or a girl... but the doctors made me waste a day of vacation by postponing this until next month... grr.. Anyways... all of my map stuff is at work, so I'll give you guys a fat update tomorrow. Good work kicking the crap outta my guys. Every time I think I have a good way to take a few of you down... those two leaders of yours keep you on your feet... grrrr. Good frickin' job you guys, lol. I'll get you though... mark my words... I'll get you ;) Talk to you guys tomorrow! [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Alexia doubles over in pain. When she straightens up, the changes are undeniable. Her features are harder, her irises are red, and her canines are visibly lengthened. With movements bereft of grace but filled with grim purpose, she lashes out against a nearby guardsman, catching him in the temple with the pommel of her sword.

"You dare? You think you can stop us?" Alexia shudders slightly, and suddenly her bleeding slows and she steps back much faster than thought possible. She looks at her nearby foes with utter contempt, "Mongrels. I will teach you fear."

She closes her eyes and sings a single note, yet somehow managing to be in harmony with herself. A tangible puissant wave emanates from her and catches all nearby. Her enemies are forced away, scattered across the clearing. A few of these enemies stagger away and blood pours out of their ears. After only a moment, they keel over, dead as a door nail. Alexia sees one of the cloaked figures dash behind some of the other figures. The cloaked figure is grasping his head, however, and seems unable to take the necessary actions that would allow it to blend in with its allies. Lingering motes of crimson energy drift around the targets.

Alexia smiles cruelly, "So, how brave are you?"

Lo-Kag turns when he hears the laughter and witnesses the brutal attack by Alexia. His jaw drops. Lo-Kag, don't mess with that girl anymore.

Lo-kag shouts towards Grryth "Keep it up Grryth you big old beast!" He then locates a foe next to Grryth, run towards it, thrusting his sword forward with the target being the forged guardsman. Unfortunately for Lo-Kag, the seemingly random chunks of metal in the creature's flesh deflect the warlords attack and the creature is left unharmed.

[sblock=Obvious Forgery: Round 2]

[sblock=Badguy Info]

Master Thief's AC is less than 21.
Master Thief's Fort is less than 29.
Master Thief's Reflex is less than 30.
Master Thief's Will is less than 25.

Forged Guardsman's AC is greater than 17.
Forged Guardsman's Fort is less than 23.
Forged Guardsman's Reflex is less than 19.
Forged Guardsman's Will is less than 26.

Reforger's Reflex is less than 19.
Reforger's Will is less than 27.

The Reforger is rather accurate with their jagged tools (1d20+10). These jagged tools leave shallow, heavily bleeding wounds. (4 damage and ongoing 5 [save ends] )

The Reforger has the uncanny ability to blend in with his allies, using their bodies to shield himself from view.

The Reforger has an Aura 1 ability that allows all living constructs to roll a save when they use Warforged Resolve. If this save is a success, the user of W. Resolve regains the use of Warforged Resolve after gaining its benefits.

The Master Thieves have a nasty sneak attack when they get the drop on someone. (1d20+13; 2d6+5)

The Master Thieves have an Aura 3 power that allows allies within the aura to shift 3 squares as a minor action.

The Forged Guardsman's attack is pretty basic, but it's enough to keep someone's attention. (1d20+9; 5 damage and target marked until the end of the FG's next turn.)

[/sblock]

Initiatives and Conditions:
- Badguys (21):
- MT 1: 40 damage; Bloodied; Satire of Bravery (save ends); Marked by Gurdan
- MT 3: DEAD
- FG 1: Immobilized (Garrick EoNT: Rnd 2)
- FG 2: DEAD
- FG 3: Immobilized (Garrick EoNT: Rnd 2)
- FG 4: DEAD
- FG 5: Marked by Grryth
- FG 7: DEAD
- R 2: 19 damage; Satire of Bravery (save ends)
- R 3: 5 damage

+ Grryth (18): 42/58 damage; Bloodied; Marked by FG 5
+ Garrick (17): 12/45 damage; Marked by FG 1
- Lo-Kag (15):
- Alexia (14): 35/48 damage; Bloodied; Ongoing 5 (save ends); Marked by FG 7
+ Riel (8):
+ Gurdan (6): 7/64 damage

- = Turn completed; + = Actions remaining
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Obvious Forgery (Round 2 [mid-round update]).jpg
    Obvious Forgery (Round 2 [mid-round update]).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 204

nerdytenor

First Post
// no time for proper post - Gurdan shifts one square NW, uses Strength of Stone, hitting for 12 damage (actually, with 2nd wind mojo, 16 damage). Gurdan gains 4 tmp hp, and marks.

[sblock=Gurdan Stat Block]
Gurdan Earthshield, Dwarf Warden 5
Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC 22, Fort 18, Reflex 16, Will 16 (Base defenses)
HP 57/64 +4 TMP Bloodied 32, Surge Value 16, Surges 12/13
Speed 5, Initiative +3
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
none

Encounter Resources
USED Hungry Earth
Earthgrasp Strike
USED Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Healing Word
Triumphant Vigor
Form of Mountain's Thunder
Hail of Thorns
Cloak of Resistance power
Bloodcut Armor power (healing-surge power)
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Grryth get 5+healing surge additional hp from Lo-kag's last action. I don't know when that is actually factored in. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Dims: I accounted for the healing on my side already, but I forgot to update the sblock, lol. I'll make sure that's accounted for next time I post statuses, which I'll do right after Grryth takes his turn.

Next up: Grryth. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Dims: I accounted for the healing on my side already, but I forgot to update the sblock, lol. I'll make sure that's accounted for next time I post statuses, which I'll do right after Grryth takes his turn.

Next up: Grryth. [/sblock]

ooc: thanks Kal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads