• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMDanW

First Post
Grryth lets loose a fierce growl as his axes flash out at the two foes in front of him. He then takes a quick step back behind Lo-Kag.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Free = spend HS+5 gaining 19 hit points (from Lo-kag)
Standard = Dual Strike;1d20+10 (vs M4)=28, 1d20+10 (vs M5)=30 - a Crit!; Damage; 1d6+3=9 vs M4 & max damage of 9 vs M5 on the Crit. Mark both targets. (Argghh too bad I did not get the crit with my primary weapon, could have finally got to use the weapons necrotic property....oh well I can't complain about those rolls!)
Move = Shift to K5
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
The aweful two-tone harmony that was emitted from Alexia deeply effected the only remaining master thief. Every time he attempted to take a step forward, the reverberation of those horrible notes increased in his head. He could feel the fluids in his body pumping throughout him more rapidly than normal. Rather than risk further injury from the bard, the master thief decided to be patient and wait until the ringing in his ears ceased and for his functions to normalize. After a few moments, his patience is rewarded and he began to plot his revenge against the pale human with fangs.

Seeing his exposed ally, one of the Master thieves darts next to three of his other allies, creating a shield wall around his cloaked ally. After accomplishing this, he lets his cloaked ally make some minor repairs on him.

Hiding behind his allies, one of the cloaked figures begins to repair one of the shambling guardsman that Garrick had confounded with his teleportation effect.

"Kill the b!#$% with the fangs! She's the threat!"

Following their leader's command, the other warforged, not still effected by Alexia's magical fear, charge the transformed bard in an attempt to eliminate the groups most potent threat.

Like a moving horde of dire beetles, the warforged converge on Alexia, leaving the bard on the soggy grass floor. A pool of red begins to spread out from beneath her unconscious form.

[sblock=Obvious Forgery: Round 3]

[sblock=Badguy Actions]
- MT 1:
-- Standard: Full defense (+2 to all defenses until the beginning of his next turn.)
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Heals 6 HP and gains 6 Temp HP
-- End of Round Save vs Satire of Bravery: Succeeds.

- MT 2:
-- Move: Moves to N-13
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Heals 6 HP and gains 6 Temp HP; Save to keep W.F. fails.
-- Standard: Full defense (+2 to all defenses until the beginning of his next turn.)
-- End of Round Save vs Satire of Bravery: Succeeds.

- R 2:
-- Move: R1 disappears behind his shield of allies.
-- Standard: Uses Focused Tinkering on FG 1
-- End of Round Save vs Satire of Bravery: fails.

- FG 1:
-- Minor: Uses Warforged Resolve: Save to keep W.F. succeeds.
-- Standard: Charge vs Alexia: hits for 5 damage and Marks Alexia until EoNT.

- FG 3:
-- Move: Move to K-9.
-- Standard: Attack Alexia: hits for 5 damage.

- FG 6:
-- Minor: Uses Warforged Resolve:Save to keep W.F. fails.
-- Move: Shifts 1 square to N-6.
-- Standard: Charge vs Alexia: hits for 5 damage.

- R 3:
-- Standard: Uses Focused Tinkering on FG 5
-- Move: Moves to M-9

- FG 5:
-- Minor: Uses Warforged Resolve
-- Move: Shift to N-5
-- Standard: Charge vs Alexia: hits for 5 damage. The movement from this charge provokes an Opportunity Attack from Lo-Kag. (go ahead and roll this yourself)

- R 1:
-- Move: Shift to H-9
-- Standard: Charge vs Alexia: hits for 4 damage and ongoing 5 (save ends). This movement provokes an Opportunity Attack from Riel (go ahead and roll this yourself). This also triggers Gurdan's Warden's Grasp Power if he wants to use it.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Badguy Info]

Master Thief's AC is less than 21.
Master Thief's Fort is less than 29.
Master Thief's Reflex is less than 30.
Master Thief's Will is less than 25.

Forged Guardsman's AC is greater than 17.
Forged Guardsman's Fort is less than 23.
Forged Guardsman's Reflex is less than 19.
Forged Guardsman's Will is less than 26.

Reforger's Reflex is less than 19.
Reforger's Will is less than 27.

The Reforger is rather accurate with their jagged tools (1d20+10). These jagged tools leave shallow, heavily bleeding wounds. (4 damage and ongoing 5 [save ends] )

The Reforger has the uncanny ability to blend in with his allies, using their bodies to shield himself from view.

The Reforger has an Aura 1 ability that allows all living constructs to roll a save when they use Warforged Resolve. If this save is a success, the user of W. Resolve regains the use of Warforged Resolve after gaining its benefits.

The Reforger is a rather fast constructor of metallic and organic parts and is able to repair his allies quickly. (Focused Tinkering: Standard action: Targets one living construct. Target regains use of Warforged Resolve).

The Master Thieves have a nasty sneak attack when they get the drop on someone. (1d20+13; 2d6+5)

The Master Thieves have an Aura 3 power that allows allies within the aura to shift 3 squares as a minor action.

The Forged Guardsman's attack is pretty basic, but it's enough to keep someone's attention. (1d20+9; 5 damage and target marked until the end of the FG's next turn.)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 21]
R 2 is hidden at M-13 [/sblock]

Initiatives and Conditions:
- Badguys (21):
- MT 1: 40 damage; Bloodied; Satire of Bravery (save ends); Marked by Gurdan
- MT 2:
- MT 3: DEAD
- FG 1:
- FG 2: DEAD
- FG 3:
- FG 4: DEAD
- FG 5: Marked by Grryth
- FG 6: Marked by Grryth
- FG 7: DEAD
- R 1: 26 damage; 6 Temp HP; Used Warforged Resolve, Cursed by Riel, Marked by Gurdan.
- R 2: 19 damage; Satire of Bravery (save ends)
- R 3: 5 damage

+ Grryth (18): 23/58 damage; Bloodied; Marked by FG 5
+ Garrick (17): 12/45 damage; Marked by FG 1
+ Lo-Kag (15):
+ Alexia (14): 48/48 damage; Dying (0/3 failed death saves); Ongoing 5 (save ends); Marked by FG 1
+ Riel (8):
+ Gurdan (6): 7/64 damage

- = Turn completed; + = Actions remaining
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Obvious Forgery (Round 3).jpg
    Obvious Forgery (Round 3).jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 133

DMDanW

First Post
Note to DM: at 23 damage Grryth is NOT bloodied yet..

Out of the corner of his eye Grryth sees Alexia fall, surrounded by a horde of enemies. Acting purely on instinct he races around the closest foe and moves into the group of them opposite of where his ally fell. He throws himself into a spin as he nears the group, his axes flashing out into the ranks of his foes. As his spin comes to a stop, his axes continue their dance of steel, threatening to bite into any who are near him.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Move: L5-M5-N6-N7-M8
Standard: Sweeping blow; 1d20+12 (vs L7)=14, 1d20+12 (vs L8)=16, 1d20+12 (vs L9)=19, 1d20+12 (vs M8)=29; damage, 1d6+7 (Sweeping blow damage)=10 & mark all targets.
Minor: Rain of Steel: any enemy that starts its turn adjacent to Grryth takes 1d6+1 damage as long as he is able to make opportunity attacks. Damage = 1d6+1 (Rain of steel damage)=4
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Noticing Alexia's dire situation, Garrick quickly moves closer to her and blasts the zone with arcane energy.

[sblock=Actions]
Move to I-8
Minor: Curse J-8
Crackling Fire vs Reflex on J-8: 1d20+9=10, K-9: 1d20+9=15, L-9: 1d20+9=28, L-8: 1d20+9=25, L-7: 1d20+9=19
Warlock Curse on J-8 (1d6=6)
Crackling Fire damage (2d8+7=20)
The targets gain vulnerable 5 fire and vulnerable 5 lightning (save ends both). Miss: Half damage.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Sheet] Garrick d'Orien
HP 28/40, Surge Value 10, Surges 5/7
AC 20; Fortitude 15, Reflex 19, Will 19
AP 0
Used this encounter: Action Point, Otherwind Stride, Crackling Fire.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=ooc] Grryth: Sorry, I updated HP, but forgot to take off Bloodied. I will correct this.

Gurdan: No prob, I meant to do that, but forgot to re-add it (I take it off during my turn cause it tends to cover everything up and makes MY head esplode, lol. I'll try to remember this!

Grryth/Garrick: HOLY CRAP! That'll teach me to put a hoard of enemies in tight quarters![/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Not dead yet]I hate to rewind things, but this is important:

I'd like to preset my Skald's Armor Interrupt. For the next turn, if a melee attack targets me, I'll use the armor to make the attacker target himself.

So... that first attack didn't hit me. Which means I'm alive. At 5 hp. With 5 ongoing damage. So, uh, I still need a heal before I take my turn, but at least I'm not prone. Or marked by FG1, although I'm sure one of the other ones would have marked me.

Also, did anyone besides me bloody/kill an enemy last turn? If so, Virtue of Valor for 4 thp.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lo-Kag moves to Alexia's aide as well. "Don't stop now Alexia, we got your back!" he states bringing much needed healing to the vampire. Then turing to his south and looking at the unsuspecting foe flanked by himself and Grryth, Lo-Kag screams as his strikes hard with sword, connecting with such force that the blade almost severs an arm. Lo-Kags comrades take note of the attack and find a boost of energy and an increased will to carry on.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to k7
minor: inspiring word: 1d6+3 = 8 plus Alexia can use a healing surge.
attack: stand the fallen on foe at L7: 1d20+11+2 (flank) = 31 for 3d8+6 = 22 hp

Plus, all allies with in 10 squares of Lo-Kag can use a healing surge and gain an additional +3 hp.
[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
INspired by the carnage unleashed by him, Grryth and Lo-Kag, Garrick find himself feeling refreshed, ready once again to fight at full capacity.

Spend healing surge to gain 14 hp.

[sblock=Combat Sheet] Garrick d'Orien
HP 40/40, Surge Value 10, Surges 4/7
AC 20; Fortitude 15, Reflex 19, Will 19
AP 0
Used this encounter: Action Point, Otherwind Stride, Crackling Fire.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=uh-oh, big rewind for a second...] Otakkun, I just went over your turn and looked up Crackling Fire (since I was unfamiliar with the power) and noticed that it targets ALL CREATURES in the blast. This would mean that you targeted Alexia as well since you attacked the enemy ABOVE her, and the enemy BELOW her, which would put her within the blast zone. Even if you missed her reflex roll, you would have dealt 1/2 damage, which is 10, and well enough to drop her. I just want to clarify if you want to change the actions on your turn. Let me know so that I can continue with my update. [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads