• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otakkun

Explorer
Small detail as well, I used an action point last round to use Second Wind, so my HP should be 31, not 12. Also, didn't we get something when using action points since we have a warlord?

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Um, ow?]I'm going to be dropping an aoe push on these guys, and a heal on myself, when I get the time to write it out. So don't worry about me; let me worry about [blank].

Lo-Kag gives us some crazy bonus to damage on a hit or temp hp on a miss, check his sheet for numbers.

Virtue of Valor: if Grryth bloodied someone on his turn, I'd like to give him 4 thp. Otherwise, Lo-Kag gets it.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Small detail as well, I used an action point last round to use Second Wind, so my HP should be 31, not 12. Also, didn't we get something when using action points since we have a warlord?

ooc: Reasourceful Presence: When an alley spends an action point to perform an attack, if it is a hit: +7 additional damage to the attack; miss: +7 temp hp added to the attacker.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
ooc: People should pay attention to what I did this turn, as I sort of changed a lot.

Alexia doubles over in pain. When she straightens up, the changes are undeniable. Her features are harder, her irises are red, and her canines are visibly lengthened. With movements bereft of grace but filled with grim purpose, she lashes out against a nearby guardsman, catching him in the temple with the pommel of her sword.

"You dare? You think you can stop us?" Alexia shudders slightly, and suddenly her bleeding slows and she steps back much faster than thought possible. She looks at her nearby foes with utter contempt, "Mongrels. I will teach you fear."

She closes her eyes and sings a single note, yet somehow managing to be in harmony with herself. A tangible puissant wave emanates from her and catches all nearby. Her enemies are forced away, scattered across the clearing. Lingering motes of crimson energy drift around the targets.

Alexia smiles cruelly, "So, how brave are you?"

[sblock=Round 2 Actions]Take 5 ongoing, down to 8 hp.

Standard: Guiding Strike vs Guardsman 4. Hits AC 24 for 11 damage. Actually, AC 22, because I'm marked. Whoops. Until the end of my next turn, he's at -2 Will.
Minor: Majestic Word on myself, healing 16 hp (up to 24) and sliding to K8.
Action Point: Satire of Bravery on block from J9 to L11. Cackling laughter. Er, I mean, I hit them all, I'm pretty sure. 26 vs MT1's Will, MT2 is crit (my first with IC!), 24 vs FG4's Will, and 26 vs FG7's Will. I didn't roll an attack for anyone I didn't see, but they would still be attacked.

So, MT1, FG4, and FG7 take 19 psychic damage. MT2 takes 25 plus 6 damage. In addition, they're all affected by Satire of Bravery (save ends). While affected by Satire, if they end their turn closer to me than they started it, they take 1d6+6 psychic damage and are dazed until the end of their next turn. Bwa ha ha!

Now, the pushing. FG7 is pushed to J14. MT1 is pushed to G12. FG4 is pushed to K13, and MT2 is pushed to O11. If anyone else was hit, I want them pushed to a place not adjacent to my allies, and preferably they would have to approach me to become adjacent to my allies. Or me.

Guys, please don't rush after the people I pushed. The whole point is to make them choose between wasting their turns or triggering Satire.

Move: Nah, I'm good here.

Failed save vs ongoing. Oh well, can't have it all.

I'd like to preset my Skald's Armor Interrupt. For the next turn, if a melee attack targets me, I'll use the armor to make the attacker target himself.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats] Alexia Madgearu - Human Bard 5
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 19
AC: 20 | For: 16
| Ref: 16 | Will: 18
HP: 24/48 | Bloodied: 24 | Surge value: 12 | Surges: 9/10
Speed: 5 | Languages: Common, Dwarven
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +12 vs AC, 1d8+6, +2d6 on crit
Powers: Cutting Words, Guiding Strike, Vicious Mockery
Blood Drain
Majestic Word (1/2)
Words of Friendship
Inspiring Refrain
Dissonant Strain
Stirring Shout
Satire of Bravery

Concerted Effort
Performer's Longsword
Skald's Chainmail
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lo-Kag turns when he hears the laughter and witnesses the brutal attack by Alexia. His jaw drops. Lo-Kag, don't mess with that girl anymore.

dimsdale

First Post
// I believe MT1 has been pushed to G12 from Alexia's attack. I can't reach him or I would help.

Lo-kag rushes towards Alexia but shouts to Gurdan "Keep it up Gurdan you big old beast!" He then locates a foe to his southeast and charges it while shouting a battle cry.

[sblock=actions]
movement: move to k8
minor: inspiring word on Gurdan: Gurdan gets to spend a healing surge and gets an additional 1d6+3 = 5 hp.
attack: charge to N10 to attack MT2 (now at O11): 1d20+11+1=18, if it hits 1d8+6= 14
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Lo-Kag] Oh sorry! I forgot completely that that was supposed to be an AP attack. Completely allowed! I'll update my side of things! Also, for future reference, If you decide to chance using an AP for an attack, but the badguy isn't alive or a valid target (do to other circumstances) I wouldn't penalize you the AP. So feel free to post all moves on your turn. If I need clarification or a target change, or you simply want to rescind the AP use, I can work with it ;) Sorry for being so flaky lately![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
np Kalidrev :)
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=please read]I don't mean to dictate everyone else's actions, but be aware that a large part of what my turn did was force all of those guys to either trigger Satire (taking damage and becoming dazed) or waste their turn, since they can't get into melee range with any of us without getting closer to me. However, if you end your turn adjacent to them, then on their turn they can just stab you without triggering Satire. So, uh, there are plenty of targets who weren't Satired. Feel free to get in their faces. But please don't end your turn adjacent to MT1, MT2, FG4, or FG7 unless you have a particularly cunning plan.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads