Second Day of Mourning (Part II; Judge: Renau1g)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: Thanks Kalidrev

Lo-Kag sees the the foe master thief (m3) has taken serious damage and goes for the kill. His sword thrust into the master thief chest causing the foe to scream in pain and cough up blood.

[sblock=AP]
attack: Bloody ending against m3: 1d20+11+2 (flank with Grryth) = 24 for 22 damage Plus, my allies gain a +2 power bonus on attack rolls on the same target until the end of my next turn.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=HT] You're right, I completely missed your post![/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] In light of the fact that Riel has already gone, I need to lay some smackdown with my badguys... I'll post an update soon with just such actions. [/sblock]

[sblock=Lo-Kag] Lo-kag has already gone for round 1, and my badguys have yet to take their turn, so if things do not change so much that it would matter, you can use what you already rolled, otherwise, I will let you take new actions and we will forget that you tried to skip my turn ;) After my update, just let me know which route you would like to go with. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=HT]
[sblock=Lo-Kag] Lo-kag has already gone for round 1, and my badguys have yet to take their turn, so if things do not change so much that it would matter, you can use what you already rolled, otherwise, I will let you take new actions and we will forget that you tried to skip my turn ;) After my update, just let me know which route you would like to go with. [/sblock]

ooc: The second post was an action point, which was part of my Lo-kag's first attack. I didn't want to use the AP unless I knew M3 was still alive. From your update I saw that he was. So I used the AP to try to finish him off. I take it from what you are saying in your post that I'm not allowed to do that. My reasoning for doing it this way was that Lo-kag wouldn't use an AP attack on a foe who was already dead.

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Lo-Kag] Oh sorry! I forgot completely that that was supposed to be an AP attack. Completely allowed! I'll update my side of things! Also, for future reference, If you decide to chance using an AP for an attack, but the badguy isn't alive or a valid target (do to other circumstances) I wouldn't penalize you the AP. So feel free to post all moves on your turn. If I need clarification or a target change, or you simply want to rescind the AP use, I can work with it ;) [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] Sorry guys, it's my turn, and I was at home yesterday with a sick 2 year-old. Now that I'm at work, I'll be able to post an update. Sorry for being so flaky lately![/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Round 2

In a flurry of action, the heroes quickly turn the tables on the ambushing warforged and their shambling creations, killing two of their members in the blink of an eye. As Alexia moves to assist her dwarven companion, several of the forged creatures dash over to her, piercing the bard's flesh with jagged metal. For just a moment, Alexia thought she saw one of the cloaked figures appear, but just as soon as he appeared, he disappeared, leaving behind a shallow but freely bleeding wound.

Seeing the warden cover himself in stone, only one of Gurdan's foes dares to think he can pierce the rocky protection. The hit is accurate, but produces only sparks as the jagged metal is ground against the dwarf's protections.

Just south of the main confrontation, two of the shambling creatures try to make their way over the bard, but Garrick's magical portals continually teleported the beings into the same spot they were trying to leave, making them look like their physical bodies were blinking rapidly.

Over on the west side of the battle, Lo-Kag lays waste to one of the Master Thieves, who was obviously not cunning enough to keep himself from being out-flanked by the acid breathing draconic thug. Twisting his blade deep into the warforged's back, the living construct crumples to the ground, spurting organic fluids that puddled on the ground and turned the grass into a brownish green mire that slowly seeps into the earth.

With the way that Grryth was keeping the other enemies attention, the forged creatures had no choice but to ignore the devastation that Lo-Kag was creating and instead went after the shifter. They exchanged a few hits, but it looked like Grryth was was getting the short end of the stick.

As the enemy turned upon the heroes, they noticed a clinking sound and was only able to watch as the creatures began to reform themselves despite the massive injuries they had taken.

[sblock=Obvious Forgery: Round 2]

[sblock=Bad Guy Actions]
- FG 1:
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Gains 14 Temp HP. Aura save fails.
- FG 3:
-- Minor: Warforged Resove: Gains 14 Temp HP. Aura save succeeds.
- FG 4:
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Gains 14 Temp HP.
-- Standard: Attack vs Gurdan: misses.
- FG 5:
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Gains 14 Temp HP. Aura save fails.
-- Standard: Attack vs Grryth: hits AC 26 for 5 damage and Marks Grryth EoNT (FG 5: Rnd 3)
- FG 6:
-- Minor: Warforged Resolve: Gains 14 Temp HP. Aura save succeeds.
-- Move: Shift to M-5
-- Standard: Attack vs Grryth: hits AC 23 for 5 damage.
- FG 7:
-- Standard: Charge vs Alexia: hits AC 29 for 5 damage and FG 7 marks Alexia until EoNT (FG 7: Rnd 3)
-- Minor: Shifts 3 squares to J-11
- MT 1:
-- Minor: Shifts 3 squares to J-9
-- Standard: Readies action to attack Alexia as soon as he gains flanking.
- MT 2:
-- Move: Moves to L-9, flanking Alexia with MT 1.
-- Standard: Both MT 1 and MT 2 attack Alexia:
--- MT 1: hits AC 24 for 12 damage.
--- MT 2: hits AC 24 for 14 damage.
- R 1:
-- ????
- R 2:
-- Minor: Shift 3 squares to L-10
-- Standard: Attack vs Alexia: hits Alexia for 4 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
-- Move: R 2 disappears.
- R 3:
-- Standard: Attack vs Grryth: hits Grryth for 4 damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
-- Move: Shift to N-4

[/sblock]

[sblock=Badguy Info]

Master Thief's AC is less than 21.
Master Thief's Fort is less than 29.
Master Thief's Reflex is less than 30.

Forged Guardsman's AC is greater than 15.
Forged Guardsman's Fort is less than 23.
Forged Guardsman's Reflex is less than 19.

Reforger's Reflex is less than 19.

The Reforger is rather accurate with their jagged tools (1d20+10). These jagged tools leave shallow, heavily bleeding wounds. (4 damage and ongoing 5 [save ends] )

The Reforger has the uncanny ability to blend in with his allies, using their bodies to shield himself from view.

The Reforger has an Aura 1 ability that allows all living constructs to roll a save when they use Warforged Resolve. If this save is a success, the user of W. Resolve regains the use of Warforged Resolve.

The Master Thieves have a nasty sneak attack when they get the drop on someone. (1d20+13; 2d6+5)

The Master Thieves have an Aura 3 power that allows allies within the aura to shift 3 squares as a minor action.

The Forged Guardsman's attack is pretty basic, but it's enough to keep someone's attention. (1d20+9; 5 damage and target marked until the end of the FG's next turn.)

[/sblock]

Initiatives and Conditions:
- Badguys (21):
- MT 1: 21 damage; Marked by Gurdan
- MT 3: DEAD
- FG 1: Immobilized (Garrick EoNT: Rnd 2); Used: Warforged Resolve
- FG 2: DEAD
- FG 3: Immobilized (Garrick EoNT: Rnd 2)
- FG 4: Marked by Gurdan; Used: Warforged Resolve
- FG 5: Marked by Grryth
- R 3: 5 damage

+ Grryth (18): 42/58 damage; Bloodied; Marked by FG 5
+ Garrick (17): 12/45 damage; Marked by FG 1
+ Lo-Kag (15):
+ Alexia (14): 35/48 damage; Bloodied; Ongoing 5 (save ends); Marked by FG 7
+ Riel (8):
+ Gurdan (6): 7/64 damage

- = Turn completed; + = Actions remaining
[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception DC 25]
R 2 is blending in with his allies at L-10
[sblock=Perception DC 30]
R 1 is blending in with his allies at I-10
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Obvious Forgery (Round 2).jpg
    Obvious Forgery (Round 2).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
// Two quick things - terrain around Gurdan was difficult terrain last turn - did this affect anything? Also, Gurdan's HP total does not reflect his use of 2nd wind

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Gurdan] I did forget about the DT, but it would not have effected anything (since the badguy who shifted around you still had an available move action to shift to where he is now). You're absolutely right about the HP, sorry. Must have been a copy/paste error, lol. I'll update your HP to read correctly. Thanks for keeping me straight! [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads