• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Self Healing Melee Classes

Satori

First Post
Hey folks,

Previously I asked for some help on a specific class type, and I received some excellent suggestions.

Hence, I'm turning to you guys again.

I initially had a gestalt character build that went: Warlock/DemonBinder // Crusader

The idea, of course, was for a "Unholy Warrior" who was able to self heal through his attacks, and unleash Hideous Blows with Martial Strikes.

Unfortunately, Crusader was turned down...

...and I REALLY need a character who can self-heal WITHOUT turning to Cleric.

Are there classes that can "Vampiric Heal" through their strikes?

Classes with "Regeneration"?

I suppose I could just grab ANY class, and use UMD to wield wands of healing...but that isn't the vibe I was going for.

All sources welcome, including homebrew (if you have a link).

Jack Simth

First Post
Well, there's the Vampiric weapon property from the Magic Item Compendium - +2 equivalent, +1d6 damage vs. living things, and you heal that 1d6. Unlike the spell required to make it (Vampiric Touch) it's actual healing, rather than temporary HP.

Monk's get a limited ability to self-heal, Paladins get some healing spells as well as Lay on of Hands; Bards get access to healing magic, as do Druids and (eventually) Rangers.

Victim

First Post
Duskblade with Vampiric Touch spells? It's not really healing.

Warblade also has a self heal.

Druid can work (but if you don't want cleric...).

The Hellreaver class in FC 2 heals itself in combat as well.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Psychic Warrior has Claws of the Beast + Claws of the Vampire, or alternately a Greatsword + Vampiric Blade.

Cheers, -- N

serow said:
Dragon Shaman gives everyone within 30ft fast healing 1. But it works only when you're at or below half.

Dragon Shaman also gives you some handy self-healing at 7th level, with the Touch of Vitality ability. This DOES work when you're below half.

moritheil

First Post
Victim said:
Duskblade with Vampiric Touch spells? It's not really healing.

Depending on how many enemies you hit, you can heal a ton of damage.

Also see Apostle of peace, crusader, divine champion, bard builds, psion egoist builds, etc . . .

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads