[Semi-OT] 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' two-disc DVD set

Lady Starhawk

First Post
You can also do what we did...

Our DVD player wouldn't hook into our TV, because our TV only has a standard "cable" connector. So, we hooked the DVD player up to the TV through our VCR.

Make certain the VCR is turned on and switched to the proper input (Line 1), and no problem with the DVD player.

The only thing you have to worry about there is DVD's that have a copyguard to prevent you from making a copy of the disc. Not all discs have a copyguard, but many of them do. {We get around that by using our old, still working, BetaMax machine :D which doesn't read the copyguard.}

LAdyStarhawk

Maraxle

First Post
I'm sticking with the 2-disc version only.

I like the movie, but it definitely has its slow moments. I figure that the footage that was cut was chosen to be cut for a reason. I know it was to get it down to a palatable length, but I would guess that most of the material they chose to cut either added little to the story or was just plain boring. In my mind, an additional 30 minutes of stuff like that would push the movie from "good with slow parts" to "slow with good parts".

Zub

First Post
I "took" a Kia test drive the first day the offer was avialalbe and recieved my DVD early last week. Full Screen though. :-(

I had another one I got from EB by trading in 2 crappy DVDs. The one from Kia is sitting in front of me. When the 4 disk comes out, I hope to return it to some store and get credit for the 4 disk version.

Zaukrie said:
Test drive a Kia, get the 2 disc set free, buy the four disk. Or, see if your local Blockbuster will still sell you the 10 week rental card (only $24.95) that gets you 1 rental a week for 10 weeks, and the 2 disc DVD for free. That's what I did. Why choose when you can have both?

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I picked up the 2 Disc version so my nephew could see it. He didn't get a chance to see it in the theaters and I wanted him to be able to see it as soon as possible. He is normally the fidgity type, but he managed to sit through the entire movie without getting up, talking or moving around. He really enjoyed the movie and has watched it twice more since our first viewing this past Sunday.

madriel

First Post
Jamdin said:
Yep, all I have is coax connector on the tv. Unfortunately, we don't have a local pawn shop or a Radio Shack. It's hard to get anything nice around here...

Do you have a Wal-Mart? They carry them too and they're cheaper than Radio Shack.

Remove ads