[Semi-OT] 'The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring' two-disc DVD set

Goodsport

Explorer
&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp Anyone here planning to get this, due in stores today (although I've heard that in some places, it was already on shelves yesterday)?

&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp I'm tempted to purchase this 2-disc set, but somehow I feel that I should wait until the 4-disc set hits shelves in October/November. What do you think?

-G

Tewligan

First Post
I'm off to Best Buy in about 20 minutes to get LotR during lunch, and I'll be doing the same thing again in a few months when the big one comes out. It's not like it's crazy expensive or anything - I think it's worth the price to have both sets, with the different extras an' all.

The Serge

First Post
I'm purchasing both.

The set released today is the original release along with documentaries and some behind the scenes material, including stuff on The Two Towers.

The set released this November will be a "Director's Cut" with expanded scenes spliced into the original movie with an expanded score (by Howard Shore, score fans!). It will also have more documentary stuff and the National Geographic DVD on the literary and historical background of Tolkien's creation.

Essentially, the two sets are not redundant as what you're getting in the one today is not available in the set scheduled for November.

But, that's just me.

Arkham

First Post
Ayup.

I ordered it last month, and I'll be getting the 4-disk special edition in November too.

I am a pathetic fanboy. :)

Wicht

Hero
I'm so weak - I was fully intending to only buy the 4 disk set but today in Walmart I took one look at the DVD box and bought it. :(

I still plan on buying the other as well. :)

Remove ads