Servants of the Twilight King

The evening skies are awash with swaths of pink and purple as you make your way along the main street of the Market Ward. There is still quite a bustle in the Ward, but it comes mostly from merchants packing up their stalls or closing shop for the day. Beggars are leaving their prime spots to go find drink, or a place to kip. To the south you can catch whiffs of the tanners and butchers who unload their effluent into the river.

On the south side of the street lies the address your are looking for: Ocker's Candles. Around the side of the store, a narrow staircase leads up to a small wooden door on the second floor. You climb the stairs and try out the key that was given to you by the messenger. The key turns easily in the lock and the door creaks open as you enter the small apartment.

The room's interior belies its modest surroundings. The front room is furnished with a plush couch and chairs, along with a side table. Two rooms lead off of the main room; a room with four small cots for sleeping, and another room with a heavy dining table. On the table is a pitcher of water and cups, and three bottles of wine. A plate of ham and a loaf of bread sit next to them. A handwritten card urges you to "make yourselves comfortable".

OOC:
This is your safehouse. I'll let you drift in as you will and get acquainted as you await further instructions.

Last edited:

Kangaxx

First Post
Gerald Seaton

Gerald saunters into the building as if he owns it, rather than being a first time visitor. He nods in appreciation of the decor, then reads the note on the table. I wonder if they always keep wine and food here. I could get to like this place. Gerald will pour himself a cup of wine and immediately drain it, then pour another one to drink at a slower pace. Afterwards he sits in the plushest seat available, and waits for someone who can tell him what is going on.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Myna Basi, The Moth

*Myna walks quietly as she can up the stairs after stabling her horse at an inn a couple blocks away. The jingle of chainmail still tends to give her away, even hidden under her tabard. Opening the door, she blinks at a moment at the cheerful looking young man with a wineglass in his hand, but then shakes herself and closes the door.*

*The woman has nut brown skin, and her face is deeply lined. Her pale gray eyes and stark white hair don't match her skin tone particularly well. She wears a plain, unornamented tabard, and carries her helm underneath her left arm. As she enters, she shrugs off a heavy backpack, and divests herself of her arms; longsword, flail, and longbow, laying them near at hand.*

*Walking over to the refreshment table, she pauses near the man.*

"Hello, my name is Myna, but most people call me Moth," she says diffidently, giving a nod of her head. Her nickname becames fairly apparent when it seems her cloak has the pattern of moth's wings on it.

Blue_Genie

First Post
Rorgun of Wrath Alley

Standing in the shadows of a nearby building [OOC: Hide check?], Rorgun watches the man and the woman easily enter the safe house the messenger had told him about. He tries to calm his breathing, tries to hide the fact that he is more than nervous about being back in this cursed city.

Why did I agree to come on this job? What if it's just a setup by the Family? What if Meloth is all behind this? This is just the kind of thing he would do. Lure his victim here with money and then send in some ruffians to finish the job?

Shaking his head, he walks down a sad alley away from the safe house, scanning it quickly for any inhabitants. He seems to find what he is looking for, and approaches a group of street urchins, playing a game of bones next to the back entrance to an inn.

"Oi, mates," he calls to them in the local street patois, "who wants to make a quick shekel?" He holds up a small purse and shakes it, so that the boys can hear the coins jingling against each other. [OOC: Diplomacy check?]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Urik Kastis, Singer of tales

Urik walks up the stairs, eying the surroundings for anything suspicious. He turns the key as instructed and scans the room.

After seing the relaxed lad on the chair sitting confortably, he smiles a nod at him. He then turns his head towards Myna and says: "Greetings my lady".
Then, addressing both in the room:
"I am Urik Kastis, Singer of tales. Would you care to tell me who is our host?"

Gerald:
You noticed a figure lurking opposite the building as you entered.

Rorgun: 0cc: no Diplomacy roll needed.
A dirty faced boy, seems a little older than the others, immediately jumps at the opportunity.
"A'write guv, I'm game. Wot's the story?"

Last edited:

Blue_Genie

First Post
Rorgun of Wrath Alley

Rorgun smiles wanly. "I need a few attentive lads to keep an eye out for any trouble. If you see anybody who looks like trouble heading into Ocker's Candles, you give me a whistle. Think you can do that, scrapper?" He offers the kid the coin purse, "There's 10 copper farthings in here, if you do a good job, there will be 20 more. Think you can handle that?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Myna Basi, The Moth, female human fighter

Steve Gorak said:
Urik walks up the stairs, eying the surroundings for anything suspicious. He turns the key as instructed and scans the room.

After seing the relaxed lad on the chair sitting confortably, he smiles a nod at him. He then turns his head towards Myna and says: "Greetings my lady".
Then, addressing both in the room:
"I am Urik Kastis, Singer of tales. Would you care to tell me who is our host?"
"Myna, known as Moth," she responds with careful gravity. "I'm not exactly sure about our host. My commander just told me to come here for a mission. So I came." She shrugs casually, and pours some wine for both of them, offering Urik a glass. "What tales do you sing? I don't often have a chance to hear a trained musician."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Myna, known as Moth," she responds with careful gravity. "I'm not exactly sure about our host. My commander just told me to come here for a mission. So I came." She shrugs casually, and pours some wine for both of them, offering Urik a glass. "What tales do you sing? I don't often have a chance to hear a trained musician."

"Thank you Moth", Urik takes the wine glass, drinks a sip, and starts singing soflty a tale of a lady warrior of old.

Remove ads