• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City: A Gestalt Campaign (PG-13/R)

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
OOC: Well, let's get back to the game.

rangerjohn, you are welcome to remain in the campaign, but if you do not like my DM style or the rules as defined in the Player's Handbook v.3.5, you are not obligated to stay. Please post your actions for James or let me know if you would like to leave.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Wincing in pain James does the only thing he can at this point, attack with the spear. ~Probably wasting my time.~ Meanwhile, Snow tries to attack her foe.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
* * *​

Hershan spun, but slipped on the blood-slick cobblestones of the alley. His fist flew wide of the scared man and hit little more than the rapidly cooling night air.

"Don't kill him!" he cried out.

James did not seem to hear the monk in his pain and anger and instead attacked with his spear. The metal tip thrust through the man's back, and James heard a barely audible cough from the man who had tried to run away. He curled over, slumped to the ground and slid off the spear.

Meanwhile, the wolf leapt atop the body of the attacker Polaris had just downed with his greatsword, and sank her jaws into his shoulder. The painted face twisted in pain, even while unconscious, but still he remained alive, his breaths coming in ragged gasps.

OOC: James hit, dealt 4 damage, and the third man is now dying. Snow attacked the man that was already dying for 6 more damage. He is not yet dead, but he is still dying.

The cleric behind them, at the upper end of the alley, lowered his mace and cut short his next incantation. "Thank... thank..." he said, slumping again to the wall, exhausted. "Thank you... all of... you." Bowing his head and closing his eyes, he recited another prayer and the others saw some of his bruises melt away.

Polaris knelt to the one he had just injured, and, finding a weak pulse, tried to bind his wounds. The wolf, still on top of the dying man's chest, did little to help the elf, and despite his best efforts, the man continued to slip away.

OOC: Since Polaris does not yet have the lay on hands ability, or any healing magic, he attempted a Heal check, but did not succeed.

After the cleric nodded in confirmation to the paladin's question, Polaris turned to see that the first man he had run through with his greatsword had already died, the open eyes staring into nothingness, the chest unmoving.

As Telenor attempted to apologize to the others, a voice from above interrupted with a jeering laugh.

"Well done!" said the woman from the shadows, now standing on top of the roof. She too, had a face painted in black and white, twisted into a grinning visage. "But the cleric lives because we wish it so, not because of your misplaced bravado."

She pulled a thin stick from her side and with her other hand pointed a baleful finger at the cleric. Take these words back to your temple, priest! The children are lost and no longer St. Cuthbert's concern."

Then the woman turned and disappeared from sight.

* * *​

OOC: The fight is over, 225 xp per characer. The cleric will willingly cure the attackers to prevent their deaths and/or for information.

Character Update
Use the scroll bar to see all the characters
Code:
[color=white]
Character        :      Hershan          James           Snow        Polaris        Telenor
Level            :            1              1              -              1              1
Current XP       :          225            225              -            225            225

Hit points       :          8/8           4/10           9/13           9/10            7/7

Initiative order :         -(-)           -(-)           -(-)           -(-)           -(-)

Attack           :           +1             +2             +4             +5             +1
AC               :           15             16             18             19             17
touch            :           15             12             12             11             13
flat-footed      :           13             14             16             18             14

Fort             :           +2             +4             +5             +2             +1
Ref              :           +4             +2             +5             +1             +5
Will             :           +5             +4             +1             +2             +2

Sorcerer spells                                                                                        
  remaining      :          5/4            5/2              -            5/2            5/3

Active spells    :        bless     mage armor     mage armor     mage armor     mage armor
                                         bless          bless         shield          bless
                                                                       bless              
[/color]

I just had this idea the other night. How would you like me to include a table such as this at the end of every post when there is a battle? Easy to keep track of experience, hit points, spells, etc. Anything else that might be useful to put on this? Anything not useful that's just taking up space? What do you think?

* * *​

rangerjohn

Explorer
OOC: The table is nice.

James cast cure light wounds on himself and shares it with Snow. "Is anyone else injured?" He asks.

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Telenor muttered something under his breath about not being wounded. He sheathed his weapons, and went to aid Polaris in treating the dying man.

OOC: Aid another in Heal, unskilled, +0

Erekose13

Explorer
Polaris looks up as the other masked assailant on the roof makes her presence known. His hands reach for the pommel of his sword, ready for her to attack just as she dissappears into the night. Turning his attention back to the fallen man whose life is quickly fading he says, "Help please. This one is fading, those who can be healed need to be turned over to the authorities to answer for their crimes."

Ghostknight

First Post
Not knowing much about healing Hersahan left the others and addressed the cleric

What was she talking about? What children are lost? Is this anythig to do with the Shadow?

Looking at the others there he constinues speaking

Well met friends, but tell me, how did you all get to be here? Surely this cannot be a normal gathering for the city of Cauldron?

rangerjohn

Explorer
"I had a meeting scheduled at the smith's and heard the commotion. By the way my name is James Whitewolf, and this is my companion Snow." Says the wildman with the wolf.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads