Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

themind

Explorer
Unfortunetly, the lock seems to be too complex for Sym as he is unable to get past its mechanisms.

He tries what he can with the only hole in the door, a diamond shaped slot. It seems that a small, rectangular rod can be inserted into it.

Nightcloak

First Post
Adar chuckles softly.

"The door is forcing us to play on its terms. Must be a special key some place."

Out of curiosity The Mind, does any of the other doors sport an odd key hole as well?

MarkCsigs

First Post
Master Ghelve mentioned something about leaving a map with you when he pointed me down the stairs ... do you mind if I have a look?

OOC: [sblock]Okay ... presuming the party shows The Vicar the map, there should be a room at the end of the hall to the left? Also, referencing the drawing of our current location, the room isn't there. I assume it's just out of our field of vision, then?

Also, the Mind mentioned that the doors are marked with the runes to spell out JZARIDUNE ... yet by the drawing we seem to be missing a 'U' and have an extra 'A' and 'J'. Is this accurate?

Also ... can we see the circular object on the floor near the doors marked 'A' and 'R'? What is that?[/sblock]

themind

Explorer
Yes, there is a solid wall where there should be an opening into a room, according to the map you were given.

It can be safe to presume, now that the letters have been deciphered, that the letters would spell Jzaridune. Even though you haven't seen a U yet, it is safe to presume that there is one, being you have seen every other letter in the name.

Yes, that circle is the trap that Sym found and disabled.

Catavarie

First Post
Sym being baffled by the locks on the doors considers the locks a bit further and getting frustrated walks back to the room with the open door and reinspects the door for traps, being sure that he hadn't missed anything previously.

If trap found attempt to Disable 10 I hope its not trapped :D

Sym using his short sword begins to slowly push the half open door fully open.

themind

Explorer
Sym, the door has been wedged open with some rubble, removing them would probably result in the door closing, making it that much more difficult to open. And you don't find a trap on the door.

Inside, you see a sunrod laying in the middle of the room. It appears that this room has been lived in, as it is apparent with a couple bedrolls in one corner that seem to be fairly good shape.

You also see a hole in the south and east walls, both leading into a makeshift tunnel. These are not on the map that Ghelve gave you.

Remove ads