• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

themind

Explorer
Sorry guys, I was planning on updating by now, but I havent gotten the chance. I'm in programming class at the moment and without my material. So give a few hours and I should have the update up.

derbacher

Explorer
"Well good servant of St. Cuthbert, it seems our new-found companions are worried about the return of the miscreants that attacked you. I have need of speech with you, but perhaps their caution is warranted. Will you accompany me? You have my word your safety is guaranteed."

Thardin will follow the others, IF the cleric agrees.

EDIT: Agh! posted at the same time, or I would have waited!

Rapida

First Post
Ivellios jogs to catch up with Sym. "Should I try to track these thugs down to there hide out? I've never tried to track anyone in the city, but I think I could do it."

ooc
[sblock] Can I track them? I didn't see anything in the track feat that said you couldn't and I don't imagine it would be impossible with the blood.[/sblock]

themind

Explorer
Ivelios, make a Survival check, and if you want to make a check like that, make the check and I will let you know what happened. That goes for everyone.

Ruphos shakes his head, "I figured someone wanted to keep me from investigating the kidnappings, but I don't know who they were. Come let us go to my church. I am sure that Jenya can explain more of what is going on."

As the others setting up to prevent another ambush from happening, Sym notices a figure up on one of the roofs, watching with amusement, she also has harrequin type face paint like the thugs. She also notices that Sym sees her. She stands up and speaks, "Well done! But the cleric lives because we wish it som not because of your misplaced bravado." She then points a baleful finger at Ruphos and says, "Take these words back to your temple, priest! The children are lost and no longer St. Cuthbert's concern." With that she turns and runs out of sight, and you no longer are able to hear her footsteps.

derbacher

Explorer
Children are of no concern? This has got to be stopped.

"Yes, I think I shall accompany you to the House of St. Cuthbert. If your superiors can shed some light on the kidnapping of children, let us get there quickly."

Catavarie

First Post
Rapida said:
Ivellios jogs to catch up with Sym. "Should I try to track these thugs down to there hide out? I've never tried to track anyone in the city, but I think I could do it."

ooc
[sblock] Can I track them? I didn't see anything in the track feat that said you couldn't and I don't imagine it would be impossible with the blood.[/sblock]

"It would be a wasted effort, even if you did find a trail it would lead us off in the wrong direction and then end abruptly, these rogues are trained to be like ghosts, they are there but they leave no sign of their prescence."

Themind said:
Ruphos shakes his head, "I figured someone wanted to keep me from investigating the kidnappings, but I don't know who they were. Come let us go to my church. I am sure that Jenya can explain more of what is going on."

"I certainly hope this church of yours has a few good guards,priest. For now we have all seemingly signed our own bounty's"

Sym pulls the hood of his cloak off his head and arrogantly steps out into the street and with a cocky swagger begins walking towards the priests church

Blastin

First Post
" Heh...It does appear that we are now in this for the duration. Not that I would turn down the chance to aid kidnapped children.
Lead on Brother Ruphos, take us to your surperior so that we can learn what else we might do to help."

Rapida

First Post
Catavarie said:
Sym pulls the hood of his cloak off his head and arrogantly steps out into the street and with a cocky swagger begins walking towards the priests church

Ivellios seems annoyed by his arrogance and falls back nearer to Heimdal to watch for any attacks from behind.

Remove ads