• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - Ch. 1: Life's Bazaar

themind

Explorer
We can still keep going here. When MarkCsigs is ready, I have a way to introduce him. Until then, I will NPC Blutok til he is ready. So you guys can continue with the game.

Catavarie

First Post
Sym carefully inspects each of the doors for possible traps, or some clue as to what they might lead to. As he attempts to decipher the symbols on the doors themselves.

themind

Explorer
As Sym searches the doors, he can tell that the Gnomish runes are letters. J Z A R I D U N E.

In the hallway, he can tell that the doors with the D and the Z are trapped, but can't find any on any of the other doors. But before he can reach the doors with A and R on them, he notices a pressure plate that seems to span a 10 x 10 foot area. Obviously a trap.

I am going to attach the letters and runes on the metagame thread. I also need to figure a better way to show an overall map. Presently, I am using Dungeon Crafter. Anyone know of a good free program that can make maps well?

Attachments

• j3.bmp
    201.3 KB · Views: 88

Nightcloak

First Post
Adar will wait for the official door inspector to make his rounds then take a peek at the symbols, attempting to see what they may be.

Catavarie

First Post
Sym searches the walls for any possibly hidden doors or levers with which to disarm the trap(s) if none are found then Sym carefully studies the pressure plate in the floor more closely trying to ascertain what type or trap it maybe and how to disarm or circumvent it.

themind said:
I am going to attach the letters and runes on the metagame thread. I also need to figure a better way to show an overall map. Presently, I am using Dungeon Crafter. Anyone know of a good free program that can make maps well?

OCC: Try AutoRealm...free Cartographer program but works great once you get the hang of it, also Fractal Mapper is nice although the free version is somewhat limited
But for $25 I highly recommend RPGMaster the tutorial isn't very good but once you figure out how to make things do what you want them to do its the single most important program I think any GM could have. IMHO

Last edited:

themind

Explorer
You can make the disable device check yourself. Same goes for any other skill you want to make, except for Spot, Listen, Search, and Sense Motives. I will make these rolls when it warrants it, but if you want me to make the check, mention it and I will make the roll for you.

ooc: Thanks, I'll check it out.

MarkCsigs

First Post
You all hear some footsteps coming down the stairs, followed by a muffled *cough* and the sound of a man muttering softly to himself
"... and upon the path of righteousness the devoted will find companions, and will know them by their action and their deeds and by the truth that burns in their very souls ..."

He enters the room at the bottom of the stairs bearing a lit candle, and in its light you see a slight man dressed in dark colors but wearing a shining symbol of St. Cuthbert. Upon spotting whomever is watching the rear of the party a thin smile crosses his lips ...

"The Vicar arrives bearing aid and a message for Friar Blutok. Be ye him?"

Catavarie

First Post
I want to make a search check for hidden doors or levers that could disarm the trap(s).

Themind
[sblock]
If unable to find any levers that would disable the preassure plate then my Disable Device check on the pressure plate = 18
[/sblock]

themind

Explorer
Blutok walks forward, I am Friar Blutok. What is this message you carry?" he says.

Sym doesn't find any levers or switches for the pressure plate, so he goes for the next best thing. He is able to wedge some rubble under the pressure plate, thus making it safe to travel over.

The other two doors he can reach now, don't seem to be trapped.

MarkCsigs

First Post
To Friar Blutock: "Word comes that you are needed urgently, in Sassarine. Jenya has instructed The Vicar to come and assist these adventurerers in your stead."

To the party: "She need not even have asked; the children of the orphanage are dear to me and I'd have wanted to help no matter what. I'd just returned from Redgorge bearing fruits, vegetables and sweet breads for the children when I'd heard the news." Holding forth his prayer book he quotes; "*hrurm* ... and for those who would cause harm upon the innocent or pure my vengeance shall be most swift and decicive."

Remove ads